• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. SSLolly

ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor

I know what you mean, it is wonderful to be able to make a difference for someone else. With Pandora she is suppose to focus on me and not others when we are out and about. When she is wearing a service vest she is not suppose to socialize but sometimes I will make a deal with people that ask...
  2. SSLolly

Pets for chronic illness. Has anyone benefited from them?

Ambrosia YES!!! i do have a service animal and she is a wonderful addition to my life. I wrote about her this afternoon and posted photos as a comment to Jody's article titled: ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor. Good luck, and for every one that thinks they are too sick, maybe so but...
  3. SSLolly

i love the human size photo frame. Beautiful photo, thanks for sharing.
  4. SSLolly

Thanks Jody, I am grateful to find opportunities to engage in my small community.
  5. SSLolly

Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS

What comes first, the problem with the thyroid, parathyroid, calcium serum levels, or the ME/CFS?
  6. SSLolly

I am surprised that the conversation of emotional support dogs and service animals rarely popup in our conversations. Training a dog to pick up the paper, the mail, my shoes or deliver a note 3 flights down is not something I could have accomplished in my darkest of days. However Pandora...