• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Vote Now and Daily until 10 Dec. to Win $100,000 for Canada's ME/FM Charity in Aviva Contest!

Been voting everyday! Cmon guys we can do this!
  2. F

Doxycycline

I'm not familiar. I'll need to look into it. Thx.
  3. F

LDN pictures or descriptions

It's compounded but black dots in it.
  4. F

OI with high BP?

My blood pressure has always been low but last few months it's been high. I have symptoms of orthostatic intolerance. I get dizzy and fidgety standing and feel better with hydration and electrolytes and tightening blood vessels. Is it possible to have high BP and OI? What can I do if I need to...
  5. F

LDN pictures or descriptions

Would anyone be able to share a close up of their ldn capsule or the fillers inside? Mine looks odd and I want to make sure I got actual ldn. What does the inside of your capsule look like?
  6. F

shortness of breath

I purchased a pulse oximitery device and my pulse and oxygen seems normal so I'm hoping that's enough to keep me from going to the ER.
  7. F

shortness of breath

I'm kind of hoping that's what it is. I stopped my multi, folate and b12 to see what happens. I feel like I'm breathing aggressively to feel comfortable. Maybe I'll take some klonopin too in case anxiety is making it worse and a mucinex D to decongest.
  8. F

shortness of breath

It has been a scary day. I'm trying to relax and take no supplements for a few days to see if I normalize.
  9. F

shortness of breath

Is this normal with over methylation? I am scared because I feel like I'm struggling to get oxygen and almost went to the ER. I took 1 potassium pill, and niacin to see if it helps.
  10. F

waking up gasping for air

I just took some niacin and potassium in case im over methylating.
  11. F

I just got this while driving so scary. Could it be overmethylation?
  12. F

Starting mega doses methylcobalamin/methylfolate

Your mutations will be helpful in guiding the conversation. For now I think it's largely trial and error. The lower amount you were fine, but this high amount is causing trouble. Listen to your body and move up slowly. You can also have 50mg of flushing niacin (you'll be flushed 20 min but it's...
  13. F

Lyme rash appears again and again.....

Mainstream would argue it's a new infection but I have had my rash reappear too. I don't know for certain if it is/was lyme but it all went downhill after.
  14. F

Good Folic Acid Free B Complex?

Says folic acid and methylfolate. Why would they include the non active? Wonder if it's a misunderstanding. http://www.jarrow.com/product/57/B-Right
  15. F

Good Folic Acid Free B Complex?

B Right by Jarrow seems to be a good comprehensive b complex and has active folate.
  16. F

Thanks guys, I thought of sleep apnea because it usually happens at night but it has happened a few times while awake and lying down too. Maybe you are right though Jonathan that I was pseudo awake. I will buy a finger monitor to check heart and oxygen. They are so expensive! I also just feel...
  17. F

I find that more often lately I wake up frantically gasping for air. It's really odd and scary because I feel like I have to try hard to force oxygen. This is mostly from sleep but sometimes just laying on my back awake I get it too. Any idea what this is or what can be done?
  18. F

so many b12's, what do I need?

I also have 677t homo mutation. I just got the Thorne multi which has adeno and Methyl. Hope adeno helps and doesn't upset anything.
  19. F

I've been fine on the large doses but I just want to know if my body would need or benefit from the other types but maybe there isn't enough data on mutations.
  20. F

Thank you but I read some have mutations whereby the body doesn't convert methyl to Adeno which creates mitochondrial problems and severe fatigue. Would you know which SNP's to look at to see if conversion is an issue?
  21. F

I'm so confused by all the b12's. I know Cyano is synthetic and the worst but do I need more than just methyl b12? Hydroxy b12 Adeno b12 Dibencozide How do I know which I need? Are there SNP's to check if I need the others besides methyl?
  22. F

free tools for analysis

I found both very helpful. Some overlap some new. Honestly id get both.
  23. F

Side Effect or Filler Effect of LDN?

Mine is a powder in capsule but don't know what the black spots are.
  24. F

Side Effect or Filler Effect of LDN?

Does anyone else know what the black pieces are in the ldn? Anyone else have that?
  25. F

Low dose Naltrexone

Starting LDN next week. Starting low and going up. So excited to join the club. I'll give my results.
  26. F

deplin alternative

Look what I found! http://www.virtusrx.com/pharma-catalog/l-methylfolate-calcium Anyone ever use this instead of Deplin?
  27. F

deplin alternative

Yeah its all so confusing. I have malabsorption due to IBD. I actually feel more depressed on Deplin but finally have a little more energy. I am so desperate to get better as you all are too. I feel like finally I might be onto something.
  28. F

deplin alternative

I have the mutation but was hoping the Deplin due to the high dose would help with depression. I understand a low dose may be sufficient for proper methylation but it probably won't help the depression.