• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. simlaw2

Stem Cell Worx

Has anyone tried this product and if so, what were the results? I am thinking of starting this along with peptide BPC-157 .
  2. simlaw2

BASIS BY ELYSIUM

Maybe somebody has tried this product since I last posted?
  3. simlaw2

BASIS BY ELYSIUM

Hi all, has anybody tried Basis? it is supposed to help with metabolic function and and energy production. Sounds interesting but a lot of these new supplements appear to be worth a try and most do nothing or may make symptoms worse.
  4. simlaw2

Fear-of-Exercise hypothesis

And in Sundays Times: The New Child Abuse Panic which also involves the Psych industry.
  5. simlaw2

Outside Psychologists Shielded U.S. Torture Program, Report Finds. Saturday headline in NY Times, says it all, psychs are still involved with torture now but it is ME patients who are suffering.
  6. simlaw2

To repost my thoughts: António Caetano de Abreu Freire Egas Moniz, appart from having a stupid name, he also recieved the Nobel prize for inventing the hidious practice of prefrontal lobotomy by sticking a sharp instrument though the eye socket.I think that in time Sir Simon will be viewed in...
  7. simlaw2

Lancet Psychiatry: Per Fink and Sharpe recommends more intensive CBT for the severely ill

I admit that I have ME and so I am starting the 12 step program to change my faulty belief pattern and try to make amends. Seriously, I am glad I moved stateside from poor old Blighty the loonies have taken over the asylum.
  8. simlaw2

How would this apply if ours is autoimmune?

The research of the microbiome by Mark Lyte would suggest that microbes influence the blood brain barrier as well as the gut lining and certainly appear to affect mood. They are also implicated in the production of brain chemicals among other things. I think in the long term this type of...
  9. simlaw2

Diet for ME/CFS

I go to a nutritionist who thinks a kind of Paleo diet is right for me, no modern grains or dairy and no sugar also nothing heavily processed. The problem with this for me is that it is time and energy consuming to have to get fresh foods and prepare them. I have only recently started so not...
  10. simlaw2

severe osteoporosis

Firstly, I think that osteoporosis is very much under reported in this disease, probably due to patients being unaware that they should have bone density scans. Secondly, for those living in the US there is a drug called Forteo an rDNA that is delivered by subcutaneous injection( so there is at...
  11. simlaw2

Help severe leaky gut...reacting to all foods

Have you tried Tasectan? I am interested to see if it will help IBS without diarrhoea especially if taken with probiotics.
  12. simlaw2

Help severe leaky gut...reacting to all foods

Here is an interesting study, I just hope they can get something on the market soon as I have high hopes of bowel flora being one of the major factors in this disease. http://www.bbc.com/news/health-29572670
  13. simlaw2

Simon Wessely wins prize for "Standing Up For Science."

António Caetano de Abreu Freire Egas Moniz, appart from having a stupid name, he also recieved the Nobel prize for inventing the hidious practice of prefrontal lobotomy by sticking a sharp instrument though the eye socket. I think that in time Sir Simon will be viewed in the same light as the...
  14. simlaw2

MAF 878 Mold growth

The starter was sealed, so it should be OK. The brewing temp. may be a little cool @ 74F but the previous advice from Enlander was room temp. so I dont think it should be too different from the current 80F, except it may require a longer time to mature. Will post results of my trial in due course.
  15. simlaw2

MAF 878 Mold growth

Thanx for the replies. I keep the mixture in a jar with a tight lid also we have an air purifying system designed to extract mold and it is not realy mold season as it is sunny and hot, perhaps I was just unlucky and a few spores sneaked in and started growing. Having removed the mold, there...
  16. simlaw2

MAF 878 Mold growth

I started "brewing" the mixture 3 days ago and it has developed a dark mold growth around the side of the jar at the top. Has anyone else had this and is it still safe to take? I kept all utensils scrupulously clean but if this is happening already I hate to think what it will get like in 4...
  17. simlaw2

MAF 878 Available - Anyone already using it?

I bought the last one a few days ago. Try emailing Enlanders office direct and ask them if you can buy some. I will have to do this also if I feel like continuing after the first batch, which is now in the jar. Note, you do not need a gallon jar, I got a 2.5 litre glass jar from China, via Bed...
  18. simlaw2

Article: Treatment the UK way - the ME Association's ME/CFS Treatment Survey

Mild? I would suggest that most people who rate thier condition as mild do not have ME but are just run down or have some toxins building up from the environment or have unhealthy lifestyles. I used to feel tired quite a lot before I became really ill (ME) and now I know the different which is...
  19. simlaw2

Article: Four Viruses! Alter Paper Confirms Retroviral Findings in CFS

Treatment Thanks for the post Cort. I think the important thing is definitely the positive result, any treatment protocol may well be the same for all these virus as they are related and the most suitable anti-virus drugs will probably work on all of them. Simon Lawrence