• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Lipkin: calls to retract paper are premature

Hello Mark 'This has long seemed to be crucial to me. Wessely, Vernon, and many many other ME/CFS researchers immediately did not believe the paper, and never have, though few of them have explicitly stated this publicly. Many people did not believe this for two basic reasons (putting aside...
  2. B

bbc news. Genes linked to inflammation and immune response in the brains of autistic

Been 'lurking' on this site since xmrv news broke 2009. Thought this article interesting http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13539922 (Hope the link works I'm not very expert yet) Seems to me that autistic people and those with ME have the immune and inflammatory response in common and am...