• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

In Memory of Rich Van Konynenburg.

Dear Diana, I had the pleasure of meeting your husband several years ago at a CFS/ME event, and corresponded with him via email many times. He was... an amazing, unique, gifted, determined, intelligent individual. The world was better for his presence in it, and he will be very missed. My...
  2. M

Article: Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) an Auto-immune Disorder?

Excellent article! Great article, Cort. Thanks for writing this up. The notion of a pathogen that triggers an autoimmune response sounds plausible to me.
  3. M

Article: An Altered Reality for ME/CFS: Dr. Mikovits Breaks the News on the Alter Pap

All I can say is, thank God for Annette Whittemore and the team she has put together. Maybe, maybe I will feel well again some day.
  4. M

Do you have crimson crescents?

Crimson crescents Ha! Well, I used a small flashlight and was able to see the sides of the inside of my mouth. (The back of my throat is another proposition entirely, as I have a strong gag reflex.) I appear to have a very distinct thin red crescent on the right side, but not on the left...
  5. M

the man has some nerve calling himself a "CFS Expert" IMHO

Dr Teitlebaum Well, having read "From Fatigued to Fantastic!" and having been a patient at the Denver Fibro & Fatigue Center for awhile, I've got a few opinions on this. I think his ideas on how to be healthier are basically worthwhile. HOWEVER, his statements that "this will cure CFS and you...
  6. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Methylation block & the methylation cycle Dear Freddd, You have delved deeply into the mysteries of vitamin B-12! At some point I will come back and re-read this thread a few times when I have less brain fog, and maybe some of it will stick. <smile> This quote of yours caught my eye...