• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

5-MethyltetrahydroFOLIC ACID

Thanks!! I understand *most* of what you all are saying. I want the active form, so I'm just going keep on using this "methylblahblah-folic acid" and assume that it's fine. I'm also going to give Swanson some feedback about the label being possibly confusing for customers.
  2. S

5-MethyltetrahydroFOLIC ACID

My Swanson Ultra bottle of MTHF says that it's "5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid." It also says that it's Quatrefolic. I thought that Quatrefolic was Methyltetrahydrofolate. Is there a difference? I know that folic acid is synthetic; and methyltetrahydrofolate is the "active" form. So what's...
  3. S

MTHFR, Normal Homocysteine, and Cardiovascular issues

If someone is MTHFR homozygous 677 (two copies of C677T), and their homocysteine level is normal, can MTHFR still cause cardiovascular problems? If so, HOW?? My parents and I are all homozygous 677. My dad had an occasional rapid heartbeat for decades; I had a large blood clot on my placenta...