• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

CBS Upregulation Confusion (Yasko Contradiction, Cysteine, Heavy Metals, etc)

@Cheesus - Sounds like you're more up to speed than you think. :) Specifically which single thiols are problematic (that we can control)? Not sure which belong in that group... I would assume Cysteine, since AC specifically mentions thiol avoidance if you have high Cysteine. However, I've been...
  2. A

@Cheesus - Thanks for the response. I would like to chelate and worry about the Glutathione later, but it seems that it's kind of a package deal. Glutathione is produced to detoxify heavy metals, etc, so if it's absent, my fear is the DMSA, etc. is wasted. @Valentijn - I respect your opinion...
  3. A

Taurine & Beta-Alanine

How are you guys feeling Taurine? I'm not sure about the low cellular Taurine theory, but it's possible. I have supplemented with Taurine in the 1000 - 1500 mg day range for a couple of years with no noticeable difference. Since I posted this, Ive gotten a new doc. He's gotten me off of all...
  4. A

Quick back story...... I am currently being treated for heavy metals toxicity. I have tested slightly elevated for lead and mercury on a provoked urinary heavy metals test/challenge. My first doc thought the levels weren't significant enough to be concerned about, so we spent two years battling...
  5. A

Quercetin

I have read good things about quercetin from antimicrobial benefits to potential dopamine enhancement. However, I just came across (as reported by @ahmo) that it is a high thiol / sulfur substance. Due to CBS upgregulation and BHMT defects, I am to be very strictly avoiding thiols during my...
  6. A

Taurine & Beta-Alanine

I had a NutraEval done late last year. The biggest findings for me were the following: - Very Low Riboflavin (B2) - Low Niacin - Extremely high (urinary) Taurine. 3x higher than the top of range - High Beta-Alanine - Very high Tartaric Acid (indicative of intestinal dysbiosis) Since the Amino...
  7. A

Diagnosis Unclear After 15 yrs

I haven't focused much on the histamine piece accept to supplement methylfolate and other methylating compounds. My whole blood histamine at my last test was ideal. Ryan
  8. A

That means Lithium Orotate actually appears to inhibit histamine. As an "undermethylator", I have higher histamine levels than most, so LO would actually be a good substance for this purpose. In regards to pyrroluria, I agree that the testing sucks. I have taken Zinc dosages up to 300 mg per...
  9. A

Thanks leela. I have read some of Pfeiffer's work, but not this book. I struggle with his theories though. My functional MD has me on treatment for high histamine (undermethylation). Also, he tested my pyrroles (HPU/KPU), and they came back borderline, but I put my self on high zinc (about 150...
  10. A

Thanks for the response Amho. From what I am reading, it appears that LO is more of a histamine antagonist than anything. It should be reducing the effects of histamine if anything. Is that what you were saying?
  11. A

This is my first post here. I have spent a lot of time reading threads and trying to absorb it. I have seen about 10 psychiatrist and several holistic MDs at this point. I have had brain scans at Amen Clinic in California. If you have had success treating the symptoms I describe, I would greatly...