• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Wired but Tired or that Blasted "red alert" feeling

I forgot to mention above that I have had tests for DNA adducts come back showing aluminium toxicity. It seems that the aluminium can block the production of a gene which converts glutamate into glutamine, and also glutamate into GABA - resulting in an excess of glutamate. Maybe this explains...
  2. J

Wired but Tired or that Blasted "red alert" feeling

I definitely have the wired thing going on, and it's so good to read other people's descriptions of something that seems to cut me off from the rest of humanity! It's particularly that sense of being stressed about nothing, as if the body is reacting to extreme danger that your mind knows isn't...
  3. J

Anxiety, Ammonia, and the NMDA Receptor

i'm not sure if anybody is still following this thread, but I have something to add on the issue of ammonia toxicity. I have anxiety issues that are biochemical in origin rather than psychological. I had tests done recently in the UK (Acumen) for DNA adducts, and they came up with aluminium...