• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

I have recovered 90+% on this protocol. I've been on it for 11 months now with a 2 month break between the 7th and 9th month. I'll post a detailed summary when I have a while. What is worth noting is that I had a severe relapse after stopping it and then recovered after restarting which is...
  2. P

It's a product called Flaem Rhino Clear Mobile, seems ASL just rebranded it to NasaTouch. Google Flaem and you should be able to get it off ebay etc. http://www.flaem.it/en/flaem/2/aerosol_therapy/32/rhino_clear_mobile
  3. P

You won't have it easy in the UK. There are almost no doctors familiar with any of this. Your best bet are functional medicine doctors, this will be private and not covered by any major insurance. I managed to get it all done in the UK but it was by getting all the necessary ingredients myself...
  4. P

An interesting documentary about mold illness: https://moldymovie.com Doesn't focus on any specific treatment but it's a good introduction for people not familiar with mold.
  5. P

As far as fungus in the gut, it may be secondary to sinus colonisation. The nasal tract and specifically sinuses produce a large amount of mucus daily, which is unconsciously passed down the throat to the gastrointestinal tract, where the pathogens that are inhaled and stick to the mucus are...
  6. P

I think the real cost of the test is low and the first test has a higher profit margin for the lab.
  7. P

Intranasal Antifungal Therapy in Patients with Chronic Illness Associated with Mold and Mycotoxins:

It may in fact fit with fungal colonisation. Molds produce mycotoxins as a survival mechanism in response to external stimuli. These stimuli can be for instance other molds or bacteria competing for the same environmental niche. If there are no such stimuli from the environment, then mycotoxin...
  8. P

Right, could be that the $180 is for a repeat test then.
  9. P

I haven't found a URL for Biotrek. AML's web site doesn't seem to be up to date, so best just e-mail them and ask for urine mycotoxin test.
  10. P

There is one done by Biotrek for $185 - I did it through americanmedicallabs.com. They used to use Realtime Labs but switched to Biotrek some time after July 2014 (when I first used them). The Biotrek test is similar to RTL in the sense that it measures ochratoxin, aflatoxin and trichotheces...
  11. P

Interesting, I also get itches and and an occasional rash with no change in meds.
  12. P

I wasn't ever bedridden, but had severe fatigue, muscle weakness, peripheral neuropathy (this still lingers), digestive issues, cognitive impairment, joint and muscle aches etc. No EMF issues however. Most up to 4 months of treatment it was really variable, lots of ups and downs, more downs...
  13. P

I'll post a more detailed report later, but just want to point out that for me consistent improvements only came after 4+ months on the protocol.
  14. P

Valid concerns. One pointer to the test being viable is Brewer's experience of patients' symptoms corresponding to the numbers and the numbers generally going down with treatment or up with things like exercise and sauna.
  15. P

Chaetomium is bad, it normally only appears after prolonged heavy dampness. It usually arrives just before or with Stachybotrys. Asp/Pen are literally everywhere, all the time. Some species of this family are more harmful than others but you'd find these even in "good" houses. Quantity matters...
  16. P

Check this out http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flaem-Rhino-Clear-Mobile-Ricaricabile-/161484535181?pt=Apparecchiature_Benessere&hash=item25993a758d Rgds
  17. P

I have one of the tent models, got it for around $200 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0055HHWXQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00) They sell for anywhere between $200 and $500, but it seems that they're all pretty much the same product with a different sticker on, so I...
  18. P

I can confirm sauna works very well for me as well. I'm using a home FIR sauna. Brewer's protocol is long term and it takes a while to see results, however in my experience regular sauna is the #1 short term relief and I've tried many many things.
  19. P

I've been thinking about this too. My theory is that you don't get impacted directly by the mould spores, mycotoxins or bacteria you inhale, but rather by the reaction of the mould in your sinuses to these. The mould that colonises your sinuses might sense these and "think" that another...
  20. P

Do you know the dosage of Nystatin that Brewer recommends? Thanks
  21. P

You can get it on ebay without a prescription, it's manufactured by an Italian company called Flaem, product is called Rhino Clear Mobile. See for instance: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flaem-Rhino-Clear-Mobile-Ricaricabile-/161336097817?pt=Apparecchiature_Benessere&hash=item2590617c19#shpCntId