• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

My 23andMe results – help please

I haven't gotten around to testing CBS expression with sulfate strips. Are you taking Methyl-B12 and Methylfolate for your MTHFR C677T mutation at this point? There's a link in Caledonias sig - Detoxigenomics. It contains useful info about the detox part. You can also find info on wikipedia for...
  2. T

My 23andMe results – help please

Hi Bee, I see you have multiple COMT and a MAOA mutations like me. Do you find it difficult winding down sometimes? I'm finding L-theanine helpful for this.
  3. T

Homo COMT & MAO. Should I be worried? ;)

I took 75mcg Molybdenum and felt nausea shortly after. I'm not sure if the Molybdenum caused it. It this a common side effect?
  4. T

I have a bottle of Molybdenum that I ordered while waiting for my results. Is it worth taking for my mutations? Thanks for the replies.
  5. T

My 23andme results came in today! What are your thoughts about these mutations? Homozygous: COMT V158M COMT H62H MAO A R297R MTHFR A1298C MTRR A66G BHMT-08 Heterozygous: VDR Bsm VDR Taq MTHFR 03 P39P MTRR A664A AHCY-01 AHCY-19 CBS C699T CBS A360A
  6. T

Loading B12 or not?

Rest assured you're not alone. It's not exactly conducive with the expectations put on the average person to provide for them selfs and their familiy. Between that and the relief people get from fast food, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine theres probably tiny percentage that develop these skills.
  7. T

Loading B12 or not?

Sueami, I'm not sure about that. I just added another 125mg B12 to my regular dose and it induces a mild rash, one of the folate deficiency symptoms freddd mentions. Unless I'm mistaken the Jarrow lozenges I have on hand are being sufficiently absorbed.
  8. T

Loading B12 or not?

It will be a a few weeks before I get my hands on this. I'll see if I can drop niacin, i've cut it to 25mg per day in the mean time. Right now in doing fairly OK with 250mg mB12, 200mcg mFoalte and 400mg potassium every four hours. My main issues are alternating palpitations/high pulse and...
  9. T

Loading B12 or not?

amho's freddd compilation is super useful! This morning I repeated yesterdays dose, 1000mcg mB12, 600mcg mFolate. After lunch I tried 200 mcg mFolate and 500mcg mB12. I think the first dose worked better. Not sure if its the ratio (1.3:1 vs 2.5:1) or the overall dose thats not working for me...
  10. T

Loading B12 or not?

So I'm up to 1000mcg mB12 and 600mcg mFolate. It seems every time I increase mFoalte I feel great for a few hours then unease and fatigue takes over. I added another 250mg mB12 a hour ago and I'm feeling a little better, not sure it it's the mB12 or simply taking a break from the light house...
  11. T

Loading B12 or not?

So I've been raising my sublingual mB12(Jarrows) intake 250mcg/day and I'm now on 1000mcg and tolerating it fairly well. It's having a light stimulant effect on me. Now I'm thinking I could introduce methylfolate(Jarrows), adding 200mcg per day. OR Keep upping the mB12 dose to 5mg for a...