• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Article: What's Next for XMRV?

Well for me multiple factors were involved - very high stress, combined with vaccines before an overseas trip then the final blow which seemed to tip me over in to CFS was a virus (gastro type). what I don't understand is that natural killer cell dysfunction seems to have been commonly...
  2. C

When is the study being released?
  3. C

Good points. Yes natural killer cell dysfunction seems a very common marker, but thats been identifed for 20 years and no one has made head or tale of it. I would be interested in knowing what the study you are involved in as adding to this body of research - the key question being WHY the...
  4. C

XRMV skeptic Sorry to say but I've always been a bit of a skeptic about XRMV and CFS, and am not surprised by these negative results. Of course its disappointing as we all want this disease better defined, whatever the cause I guess I'm generally skeptical about the immune theory of CFS -...
  5. C

Who Here Takes Any Kind of Mushroom?

I tried shiitake many years ago. I felt worse and thought my allergies got worse. I thought maybe it was activating an already over activated immune system. There is a Japanese drug (SPG) based on the suehirotake mushroom that was studied in the early to mid 90s by a Japanese professor at Kyoto...
  6. C

Swedish study My understanding was that a Swedish Study was being done, supported by one of the UK groups. I thought it was due out in the summer