• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. jerrymcfadyen

The "eyes" have it.

Yes, I have all the symptoms of Sjorgen's but try telling that to a doctor. Just trying to narrow things down a bit, that's why I was wondering if it happened with ME too.
  2. jerrymcfadyen

The "eyes" have it.

Does ME typically effect the eyes? I've been having trouble seeing and have itching/watery eyes. Both eyes are effected but the left eye is much worse. It's been going on since the first of December and I finally got in to see my eye doctor last week. He said he's never seen anything quiet...
  3. jerrymcfadyen

Depression Poll

I've suffered with depression since my wife died in 2001 which was before CFS/ME. Dealing with the constant pain and fatigue has made it worse and have had to make adjustments in medication. I'm sure I would benefit from haviing a therapist but just can't afford that living on Social Security...
  4. jerrymcfadyen

Meet Charlie the POTS Medical Assistance Dog!

Yeah I found out the hard way when I fell at hoe and broke two ribs.
  5. jerrymcfadyen

Meet Charlie the POTS Medical Assistance Dog!

I wish I had Charlie. Going down in the drug store and taking down everything on a shelf with me is not much fun and a wee bit embarrassing.
  6. jerrymcfadyen

12 Things You Should Never Say to Someone with a Chronic Health Condition

My constant favorite is ... 2. “You don’t look sick to me.”
  7. jerrymcfadyen

Gerd?

I think doctors are way to quick to diagnose Gurd, at least in my experience. Those could also be heart related issues so if in doubt get a second opinion.
  8. jerrymcfadyen

New tick-borne virus discovered--Bourbon virus

Wow, some eye opening information in the video. My part of North Carolina looks like ground zero on the map showing reported tick vectored disease. I've got a ton of homework to do now!
  9. jerrymcfadyen

What does low blood sugar feel like?

That's exactly how I feel when my BS falls below 75. The best way to describe it is that it's just like being drunk but adding the shaky feeling to it.
  10. jerrymcfadyen

Almost back to bottom rung

Looking forward to hearing back from you. I hope it gets you back on track.
  11. jerrymcfadyen

icy cold, can't warm up

Sorry I don't have any help other than what's already been shared. I have the exact opposite problem. I burn up all the time even outside in the cold. If I wear a coat in cold weather I just sweat like crazy. I wonder though if the hot and cold symptoms are related. If they are both caused by...
  12. jerrymcfadyen

A thread to thank the Phoenix Rising team of volunteers!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this GREAT place to all those who make it possible. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
  13. jerrymcfadyen

Oregano OIl and damage to the intestinal tract. Help!

A friend who uses oregano oil regularly offered me some too try. I used it twice and had to give it back to her. I had the worst acid reflux ever and it took a couple of weeks for it to calm down. Never again for me.
  14. jerrymcfadyen

Over a year of feeling better

Thanks for giving us some hope.
  15. jerrymcfadyen

Gallbladder: did you have issues with it during your CFS journey?

I know, I know! I keep hearing that from the wife. What can I say? I'm hard headed.
  16. jerrymcfadyen

For now, as long as I stay away from greasy foods and salads I do okay.
  17. jerrymcfadyen

My wife is an ultrasound technician and has checked my gallbladder a couple of times and it's just barely working. I don't want any surgery I don't have to have so I'm waiting as long as I can. It only causes pain once in a while but the doctor says it will get worse. Right now I just try to...
  18. jerrymcfadyen

My very, very worst symptom is back :-(

@Gingergrrl, I hate what you're going through. I can't help but I can and will pray. I know how scary it is to go through dealing with it some myself, You are definitely in my thoughts. Be well soon!
  19. jerrymcfadyen

Heart issues

@Little Bluestem I Love your signature line.... For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
  20. jerrymcfadyen

Heart issues

That was my reason for starting this post. I had hope that I wasn't alone, not to say I want others to suffer. It's just somehow comforting to know others are going through the same thing.
  21. jerrymcfadyen

Joints crack snap or pop anyone??

@Jonathan Edwards, Thanks for the input.
  22. jerrymcfadyen

Joints crack snap or pop anyone??

I do have the same thing and just chalked it up to getting older but the way it comes and goes makes me think it's ME related. When I wake up at night, to go to the bathroom, my ankles pop so loud it sometimes wakes up my wife.
  23. jerrymcfadyen

Heavy Brain fog and energy fluctuation - history of depression and anxiety

Welcome to the forum Santino, I hope you get lots of help here. I too have the brain fog. Sometimes it's a lot worse than others. The only relief I've found is rest. The more rest I get the less the brain fog is and just the opposite the more tired/fatigued I am the worse the brain fog gets...
  24. jerrymcfadyen

What does intolerance to hot and cold mean?

The cold doesn't bother me nearly as bad as the heat does. In warm weather and even inside with 70 f. degree temps I sweat like crazy from any simple movement. I can drink a cup of coffee and need a fan to cool down. Even in cold temps I feel cold but sweat like crazy from any activity.
  25. jerrymcfadyen

Prayer Tree: October-November-December 2014

Just posted in the "Praying for the sick" post. I've just read through this list and praying for them as well. God's Wonderful Blessings on you all. Jerry Mc
  26. jerrymcfadyen

Prayers for those that are sick

Taking time today to pray for those listed and for the ones willing to take time to pray AND for a cure and/or better treatments. Blessings to all Jerry Mc
  27. jerrymcfadyen

A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS

PCO's are well versed in getting around the label requirements. Employers in general are good at covering their own butts not those of the employee. You have to learn to protect your self at all cost.
  28. jerrymcfadyen

A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds much like my life story in a lot of ways. The difference is that I've spent most of my life using all kinds of pesticides. As a teenager working on a farm we used tons of chemicals and had no idea about the need to protect our selves. Then as an adult...