• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Tachycardia or pounding pulse when lying on left side

Cool. Mine is about 20. I also have a mild pectus excavatum, which I thought it might help with understanding what is going on here. I never had tachycardia, but during the first 6 months of symptoms I slept with about 90 bpm. Now I only get the pounding. Do you also have pectus?
  2. L

Have you ever had any surgery in the past? Also, do you feel like you had a restful sleep when you wake up in the morning?
  3. L

I am confused now. You started this thread with the pounding happening when lying on your left side. No pounding when lying on your right side. Now you write it's consistent when on your right side and very occasionally on your left. Also, what is your BMI?