• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Dr.Patient

Is medical marijuana the answer to our constant fatigue?

Just wondering...has anybody had any experience with this...
  2. Dr.Patient

Can't find comfortable mattress, in agony when I lie down

@Lynn Hi, could anyone please share what companies have free return shipping as well. They usually want us to pay for the return shipping. Thanks.
  3. Dr.Patient

Mitochondrial encephalomyopathy, lactic acidosis, and stroke-like episodes (MELAS)

I've been on metformin for more than a year for my metabolic syndrome, and luckily have no problems with it.
  4. Dr.Patient

Recurring hand tremors

I have had tremors of hands, mouth, head and neck, since the onset of my relapse, showing up when the fatigue gets severe. I know they are from autonomic nervous system dysfunction, and not due to any other cause. Since I am a physician as well, I chose not to undergo any tests or treatments...
  5. Dr.Patient

Have any cfs/me patients gotten worse after they received a flu shot?

And this was a killed shot, an injection? And not a live nasal spray vaccine?
  6. Dr.Patient

POTS, OH, CFS: List of labs which test for adrenergic and muscarinic receptor antibodies

@Lolinda Do you mind sharing your results, and how you or your doctor are interpreting these results?
  7. Dr.Patient

Have any cfs/me patients gotten worse after they received a flu shot?

Were you completely healthy/normal before you got the flu shot? Were there any times in the past when you had fatigue on and off?
  8. Dr.Patient

Fatigue torture- how do you deal with it?

Xanax helps. People should try this and see.
  9. Dr.Patient

Thank you, you are very kind!
  10. Dr.Patient

What effect did a 2-day CPET test have on you?

Nobody knows that. However, I would still get it and use it as objective evidence.
  11. Dr.Patient

Are You Disabled in Your Dreams?

In my dreams, I am physically disabled, like cannot walk, or am collapsed on the floor, and also confused brain fogged. Not only in my deep sleep, but also when semi lucid, I can actually physically feel the fatigue in my body. This is more than three and a half years into this illness.
  12. Dr.Patient

Do you take Magnesium even if your serum levels are normal?

Can RBC magnesium be done by regular labs, thanks!
  13. Dr.Patient

Thanks! Do you do a 24hr urine collection, ...
  14. Dr.Patient

If so, how often do you check your blood levels of magnesium, thanks!
  15. Dr.Patient

Lower cost prescription drugs- Blink health

You can Google blink health, they have lower cost generic drugs, thanks! Www.Blinkhealth.com
  16. Dr.Patient

Doctors in Wilington, NC

Yes, they are great, and affordable. You can call them to find out.
  17. Dr.Patient

Doctors in Wilington, NC

Hunter Hopkins center is in Charlotte, NC.
  18. Dr.Patient

Anybody on Seroquel for sleep?

Can you please share your experiences, does it help, dosing, etc, thanks!
  19. Dr.Patient

valium makes fatigue go !!!

I agree- to hell with addiction! While addiction may be a possibility in the future, enormous, crushing fatigue is a clear and present danger- that we need to deal with- now and today! It is reassuring to see that there are a lot of patients who have been on ambien, xanax, and with you...
  20. Dr.Patient

Anybody have any suggestions for less addictive, fatigue lessening meds...
  21. Dr.Patient

I have some relief in fatigue also with xanax...Good to know that diazepam gives a similar relief...
  22. Dr.Patient

What Types of Fatigue Do I Experience Poll

I looked at the poll choices, and my most severe problem is unbearable, crying, wanting to die type of fatigue/weakness. Other symptoms like brain fog, sleep, headache, muscle pains, are there, sometimes, but not as bad. This unrelenting fatigue is killing me. Are there others here like me?
  23. Dr.Patient

Has the intensity of your fatigue gone down over time?

Has the unbearable, wanting to die, intensity of your fatigue gone down over time? Please help, I want to know... Thank you.
  24. Dr.Patient

Thank you all...still intense fatigue...
  25. Dr.Patient

When my fatigue hits, it tortures me. I am curled up, and the intensity of the fatigue is unbearable. My fatigue is not just like "I'm totally wiped out, cannot even open my eyes", but it's like something is torturing me. This torture is unbearable, much more than the weakness itself. Usually...
  26. Dr.Patient

Feeling exhausted after bowel movement

I also get this fatigue after bowel movement...don't know why...