• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Gemma

Candida & Biofilms - Theory & Protocol

Cayenne is a very strong biofilm disruptor, useful if you have fungal overgrowth. Spices are our friends! Good luck!
  2. Gemma

Right. Yes, it has a lot to do with RS, and not only RS but many other polysaccharides that our gut flora ferments. What about cayenne? Eat some chilli. Read here, it is used for weight loss, but it is very anti-inflammatory as well. No idea what it does in CFS, though The potato diet
  3. Gemma

Jepps, do not apologise for asking too many questions. There would be no answers without questions. I am going to try to give some answers. I don't have all the answers, though. And don't forget I may be wrong .-) So, thank you very much for asking, emphasis in your comment mine. As it...
  4. Gemma

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

Vegas, this is the most ineteresting thing I have read here. And you said: "As I have discussed before" which means there is something more... I have nothing to add to this, and I do not intend to. I wish good health to everybody.
  5. Gemma

Asklipia, your complex approach deserves some attention. So, you are feeding your body with a big combo of very complex polysaccharides (resistant starches, glycans, inulin, .. the list is long), which feeds you and supports the growth of your beneficial gut flora. You are using medicinal...
  6. Gemma

Bains Dérivatifs--Cold Water Therapy

Seems Asklipia has already explored it 2 years ago, after trying out and refusing Cold Thermogenesis protocol, and promoted healing effects of Bains Dérivatifs. Worth mentioning another vagus stimulation technique here: oil pulling with sesame oil. It is a very powerful tool too.
  7. Gemma

How cold is your cold shower?
  8. Gemma

From wiki:
  9. Gemma

Note: This post and the following 8 posts were split from the thread: The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For? ...and merged into this existing thread on cold therapy. Have you become more Resistant to cold after including some Resistant starches into you diet...
  10. Gemma

Sleeping in completely dark room--helpful?

A bit of honey before bed means certain amount of very complex polysaccharides for you body and your microbiome to feast on for several hours. So everybody is happy and CALM and not getting angry and waking you up or start eating you directly (your tissues) because of hunger. Let us say that...
  11. Gemma

Ok. Everybody listens to what Ripley says. -- it is important to live with natural circadian rhythms, get melatonin cycle right. It is good to sleep in darkness (yes covered, because even skin can feel the light) and get natural sunlight during the day. So: dark curtains in the bedroom and/or...
  12. Gemma

Dear moderator, I have no such illness as CFS/ME/or whatever. I was asked to come here to help. I had very good reasons in asking all the questions and posting all my comments here. Believe me or not but they are all related to RS. I have ABSOLUTELY no time to search around and monitor...
  13. Gemma

Not all lectins (see for instance Wiki) are created equal, and they play a big role in your immune response. You may have found the right type needed for you right now, specifically.
  14. Gemma

Might be useful to repeat it every two weeks or so ( the immune response lasts1-2 weeks, than gets deleted...) Or find another source of lectins, for variety. Watch yourself, Asklipia, and do write it all down, please.
  15. Gemma

Changes in hair growth?

No time to wait for Ripley. Here is the first link on Henna.
  16. Gemma

Changes in hair growth?

Oh, henna! Another one to explore. Ripley, any old books on henna?
  17. Gemma

Changes in hair growth?

Asklipia, thank you. As you are not having your hair cut done, no use in asking you. Your husband, then: Why does he like to have his hair cut?
  18. Gemma

Relaxing sounds and some -

No use in non-stop talking symptoms and illnesses. Enjoy you day a bit!
  19. Gemma

Changes in hair growth?

Another questions: Do CFS patients experience decrease in hair growth quality? Loss of hair, loss of pigment? Do you feel at least a bit better after a haircut?
  20. Gemma

Gods bless the old books, Ripley! I like the ginger ingredient in your concoction too!
  21. Gemma

Asklipia, thank you, your experience definitely makes sense to me!
  22. Gemma

Grr, clarifying even more: it is called dark therapy. But I really do mean a longer stay, counted in weeks, in total darkness.
  23. Gemma

Clarifying the second question: I mean a therapeutic stay in a dark room for 1-2 weeks or so.
  24. Gemma

Oil Pulling (Ayurvedic Technique) for Oral and Sinus Issues...

And another question: I have seen an Oil Pulling thread at this forum, I prefer to ask here: Has anybody any positive experience with regular oil pulling according to Ayurveda (preferably sesame, or sunflower oil, first thing in the morning, keep swishing for 20 minutes, never swallow, always...
  25. Gemma

May I ask a question here? Anybody experienced improvement in symptoms when sleeping in completely dark room? Or even any positive experience after a stay in a dark room? I am not recommending, I am asking a question only :-)
  26. Gemma

In vitro studies on Austria's folk medicine

So many nice herbs and botanicals researched: Ethnopharmacological in vitro studies on Austria's folk medicine—An unexplored lore in vitro anti-inflammatory activities of 71 Austrian traditional herbal drugs
  27. Gemma

And honey for a sweet sleep Additive potential of ginger starch on antifungal potency of honey against Candida albicans I must ask TT how much RS is in Ginger starch...;)
  28. Gemma

Article: Garlic: Virus-Killer; Libido-Booster

Any experience with garlic? Potential use of liposomal diallyl sulfide in the treatment of experimental murine candidiasis. In the present study, we evaluated the potential of a liposomal formulation of the garlic oil component DAS (diallyl sulfide) in treating disseminated infection caused by...
  29. Gemma

Another reading on N-Acetylglucosamine Functions in Cell Signaling If there is a role for Candida to play in CFS (may I call it shortly as that?), I would not eat it. Go for the hard fungi. Oyster mushroom, Chaga,... another on Oyster mushroom,.. This killed my common wart (I had it 2 years...
  30. Gemma

Okay, I am looking at it as feeding. What do you feed NAG to? First IT is very happy and stops eating you. You feel better. IT becomes bigger and starts growing even more. And IT is hungrier. What then?