• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Avengers26

Free blood gases analysis [Netherlands]

@Lolinda This sounds interesting. Are there any videos or links to how to do any of these correctly?
  2. Avengers26

Over Activation of Farnesoid X Receptor In the Ilium Driving Liver and Gut Disharmony

@Bdeep86 When you talk about sugars, Do you mean sugar intake in diet or even natural sugar in vegetables & fruits? Do you avoid such vegetables & fruits?
  3. Avengers26

How can we "stimulate" mTOR?

It was a friendly reminder for everyone. Several people on this forum have cognitive issues or suffer from "brain fog". I don't expect or ask anyone to post from any scientific journal. And, I agree, everyone should do their research before experimenting. But, if anybody, feels there is any...
  4. Avengers26

@Sushi I had based that on this report but it's about EGCG & not Theanine - Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a major component of green tea, is a dual phosphoinositide-3-kinase/mTOR inhibitor. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21300025. I googled & seems like Theanine is indeed mTOR...
  5. Avengers26

I followed some of the reference links from the Self-Hacked article. It seems Green Tea [EGCG] & Rhodiola are mTOR inhibitors. Ashwagandha also seems to be an inhibitor. Can someone who's more technically proficient confirm this? Also, I would urge everyone mentioning supplements as mTOR...
  6. Avengers26

Vitamin D sensitivity

Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't tolerate either Carnosine or Beta-alanine.
  7. Avengers26

Vitamin D sensitivity

What anti-glycation supp is that? @Gondwanaland. Also, any suggestion for increasing cold tolerance?
  8. Avengers26

Who Would Like to Participate in a Simple Study to Measure Blood Lactate Levels?

Reliability and Accuracy of Six Hand-Held Blood Lactate Analysers https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4306774/ Edge gets good marks.
  9. Avengers26

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

Hi @Ifish What sinus antifungals did you use? Were they by prescription & how did you use them?
  10. Avengers26

Naviaux et. al.: Metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome

Hi @JaimeS or any one else, Is there any "possible" actionable information that can be derived from this paper. I just finished reading it. It seems phosphatidylcholine phospholipids were low but DHA was high. Tyrosine/Phenylalanine & Riboflavin metabolites were decreased, Arginine was...
  11. Avengers26

Roseolovirus-associated encephalitis in immunocompetent and immunocompromised individuals

Every "Positive" & "Negative" results is a Plus. IMO, it narrows the field & makes it less of a looking for a needle in a haystack. My Positiv-o-meter has been going up slowly over the last few months. Hopefully, it's a parabolic curve but I will take a linear one, too.
  12. Avengers26

Roseolovirus-associated encephalitis in immunocompetent and immunocompromised individuals

@JaimeS I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you, for posting all this research/studies. I don't post a whole lot but try to read when ever I get a chance.
  13. Avengers26

Hair Mineral Testing

@Little Bluestem Yeah, I agree it's a good idea to start with a very small dose albeit that's what I did & didn't tolerate higher. May be, I should retry again at some point.
  14. Avengers26

Hair Mineral Testing

@Little Bluestem I tried it for only a few days in the past. It made me tired & foggy. I also wasn't comfortable with the fact that it' seems it's easy to get manganese toxicity. So, I instead, decided to keep it's intake through diet only. I do find your comments on Manganese & ER functioning...
  15. Avengers26

Hair Mineral Testing

I still can't tolerate beyond the tiniest amounts of B2, despite repeated attempts. I take R5P. I haven't tried FMN. I don't want to go overboard & will start a separate topic on it.
  16. Avengers26

Ubiquinol-10 improves autonomic nervous function and cognitive function in CFS

Has any one noticed a difference between taking different forms of CoQ-10 available in the maket? Do the more expensive forms offer any more benefit? @Hip I have never bought on aliexpress before. How do you ensure you get a 'good' quality product without getting ripped or spammed? I wonder if...
  17. Avengers26

Hair Mineral Testing

@CCC I was of the understanding that R5P [not riboflavin] & FMN are the same thing but you are saying you didn't tolerate R5P [or it didn't work for you] but FMN did. Are you sure it was R5P & not riboflavin?
  18. Avengers26

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

@tango What differences has AOR made for you? I have taken it here & there but never consistently. I might just change that. How much did you take & for how long before you saw the results?
  19. Avengers26

NovoTHOR, a ‘Star Trek-like’ Light Therapy for Mitochondria, Wins Invention Award

@ScottTriGuy The LED/Infrared unit you are referring to, is it one of the Vielights mentioned above? Also, how did you decide on the positions & the time frame? From the book mentioned above or the Dr. you mentioned guided you?
  20. Avengers26

NovoTHOR, a ‘Star Trek-like’ Light Therapy for Mitochondria, Wins Invention Award

@ScottTriGuy @Chris I bought 3 of these infrared lamps from walmart to create a cheap DIY infrared sauna. I haven't got around to using them yet. I also have a ceramic heater, which though it says, it's infrared, it's actually not. Their customer service confirmed it for me after I had already...
  21. Avengers26

Joseph Cohen - Self hacked

@Sherpa Do you use this one? It has a lot of good reviews. https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP-DUO60-Multi-Functional-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1469312336&sr=1-2&keywords=instant+pot+pressure+cooker
  22. Avengers26

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

@Sidereal @mariovitali I recently started taking 40 mg tudca/day. Any more makes me restless. I even tried increasing the frequency keeping the dose same but nope, not ready yet. So, a lower dose might be a good starting dose for some people.
  23. Avengers26

@Sherpa Thank you. Those are some easy tips. I haven't checked the links yet which I will do later. I will have to look into the lectin avoidance diet. Do you avoid gluten and/or dairy, too? I do need to have a consistent sleep schedule. I am bad about it & I think it's something that will be...
  24. Avengers26

@Sherpa I just read this post by you - http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/joseph-cohen-self-hacked.34904/page-2#post-744548 Can you describe briefly some of the supplements or techniques [you mentioned gadgets] which you have found helpful? If you have done it somewhere else...
  25. Avengers26

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

Other members, too, have mentioned in the past that they found coffee enemas helpful.
  26. Avengers26

@Aerowallah What is CEs? I am glad it's helping you. I have been meaning to try to get trace minerals in my body in an easy absorbable form. Will do so in near future.
  27. Avengers26

Hi @Aerowallah What ionic Trace Minerals you take?
  28. Avengers26

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

@Hip @mariovitali Where do you buy TUDCA? It might be worth a try if I can find it a reasonable price.
  29. Avengers26

The Undetectable Infection

@CarlD Is it this one? http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Proteolytic-Enzymes-90-Enteric-Coated-Veggie-Caps/9941/?p=1
  30. Avengers26

The Undetectable Infection

@CarlD @Elph68 What proteolytic enzymes are you taking?