• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

"Unrest" updates

Hi Old Bones. Jen won't be attending in person, but we're hoping to finalize her attendance via Skype for the Q&A that follows the screening on Saturday May 13th. Just waiting for final confirmation on this. The ME|FM Society of BC is sponsoring this event. We will be speaking/presenting at...
  2. L

Exercise. Yes, that dreaded topic!

Hi Strawberry, When I started doing strength training I had a similar experience: I started at a level I saw recommended for other chronically ill patients and seniors of two sets of 8 reps using small weights (under 5 lbs). That knocked me out for a week. The next week I tried the same...
  3. L

Canada: Chronic disease expert at pioneer BC women's clinic leaves abruptly

Kati, it sounds like you had a really bad experience and I'm sorry for that. I don't underestimate how hard that must have been on you...and it also sounds like someone majorly screwed up by missing some things. It's just that I also know people who have had very positive experiences at the...
  4. L

I also think the value of the service that was offered by the clinic has been skewed here. Kati, maybe you were able to get a diagnosis or self-diagnose and self-educate so what the clinic had to offer was nothing new to you and therefore disappointing, but many patients are not in the same...
  5. L

Kati, I think the way you're framing the clinic offerings is misleading. Yes, Dr. Bested created support groups to help people learn self-management and, it's true, one of the tools she offered people was CBT, but NOT Wesley style CBT that presumes patients have a false belief that they are...