• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Automobilie

Hiatal Hernia and the connection with chronic illness

Got diagnosed with a paraesophogial hernia last November, but while the doctor said it was small, the report said it was fairly wide and worse than he described. Seems like when my stomach flairs up I feel worse and less energetic. Acid blockers didn't help
  2. Automobilie

Anyone tried Enbrel?

Hi again. It's been about 8 months since my last major relapse, had some slow "recovery" for a couple months and now on my way back down again and need to get back at trying things and taking this far more seriously than I have been... My dad has RA and found a source for getting Enbrel way...
  3. Automobilie

Absolutely NOTHING is positive?

If you're having lung problems there's a test. I wasn't active then so it was just nine months of amoxicylin (inh). Recent xrays haven't showed any.
  4. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

Another update. The last couple weeks I've been able to get out of bed, could even help.my dad on the house and be on the computer again. Felt rough today, so that might've been a short lived boost and just found out I've got a cavity showing up. Hopefully it won't take three months to recover...
  5. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

Had ebv titers up, but they went down after a few months. Today I just found out my dad is dipping which about ended my parents marriage until he quit. So my parents will be splitting, taking away alot of my support network. My mom will go south at some point and I have to go with her. I can't...
  6. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

Another update. Started having stomach pain after eating and could only get about 1000 calories at first. Ended up with an endoscopy and bariun swallow and the only thing mebtiobed was a hiatus hernia, but I won't hear more until the 17th. No ulcers or even scar so apparently the burning pain...
  7. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

Update: stomach or something still hurting even with ppi's. Starting a digestive enzyme and go to a surgeon monday for a scoping. Been seriously sick the last couple days and can be up for about 5 minutes...Last year I couldn't image how horrible this was going to get. Two years ago I was happy...
  8. Automobilie

Well, I used to perk up after awhile. This time its been a month and a half of getting worse and can't walk around much. Plus my stomach has started hurting badly for the past couple weeks.
  9. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

I've been slowing down. I don't work, don't play, don't talk to anyone, and don't fiddle with anything. I've left the house three times in the last month. Everyone says rest more rest more, but I can't rest more unless I stop eating. I haven't even showered in a week. I wake up, get whatever bit...
  10. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

Well, last friday started having abdomen pain. Haven't eaten more than 1000 cal.a day and went to the er monday felt so weak. Electrolytes were fine, but lipase and anion gap were low. Starting on an anti acid to see if I can get my diet back and sit upright again...
  11. Automobilie

Raising Blood Pressure

The last few days I've been having bad abdominal pains and really weak. Went to the er last night' but nothing found. However, my lipase was low and looking through records its been low before.
  12. Automobilie

Mine wasn't painful either. The diagnosis was nonspecific reactive follicular hyperplasia. Nothing came of it though. Whole node.
  13. Automobilie

Raising Blood Pressure

I've heard of propping the head of the bed up a couple inches. Something about tricking your body into retaining water. I noticed before the salt and bed I'd be thirsty alot, pissing clear, and drinking alot. Its slowed down the last few days so fingers crossed.
  14. Automobilie

How did your CFS start?

I was driving back from school, felt really good and then got these waves of nausea. Eventually, I got insanely nauseous and weak, diarrhea, and had to get a ride the rest of the way. Took three weeks the first time. I thought (wish) it was just a diet thing.
  15. Automobilie

cause of sensitivities found(sort of)

Have you tried seeing if anyone else can smell it whennyou breathe out? Could determine if its neural or not.
  16. Automobilie

How did the cardio help? Did a tilt table and echo, all good, but my hr was 120 the whole time. Been upping salt alot and elevated my bed a couple inches which I think is helping, but laying down leaves me feeling weak and heavy.
  17. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

I can try that. How long did it take for you to notice a difference?
  18. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

I've thought about that, but because my blood sugar gets fritzy sometimes and I already have a hard enough time keeping weight on I don't know if I can cut anything else out...
  19. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

Thanks for the support guys
  20. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

Well, I just put a couple 2" boards under my bed and have been eating more salt, already drank alot of water. Tilt table test had no bp loss, but my hr was 120 the whole time. Cardio just said up the salt. I eat alot of nuts and avocados which should give potassium and I've never been low on...
  21. Automobilie

Suddenly bedbound?

Up until two weeks ago it seemed like I could stay upright and walk around ok all day. Could be on the computer awhile and this summer I even spent most days fixing up a couple cars! Then a couple weeks ago I took a trip into town, felt good for an hour then crashed. Usually laying down...
  22. Automobilie

But the thing is the flu feeling is much rarer than the other symptoms. It'll hit a few days out of the blue and then be gone for awhile. Sorry, brain just went out. Three weeks ago I could get on the communter awhile and fiddle in the garage on projects. Now I can't leave bed more than five...
  23. Automobilie

Just hit another crash. I usually suddenly become VERY weak, diarrhea, become nauseous, and my appetite tanks. Flu hasn't been a thing much, but I've been crashing easier and easier. BS and BP are ok right now too...
  24. Automobilie

I HAVE ANSWERS! YAY!

I'm curious about this. I did a chelation urineanalysis ( with a naturalpath thoughĺ and showed really high copper and high zinc. He said it was common with copper plumbing. What test did they run?
  25. Automobilie

The last couple weeks have gotteb alot worse after pushing myself to an appointment with a chiropractor (fraud). Left too early and I could feel myself getting sick and about 15 minutes later was in the worst crash since this started. Viral symptoms have started showing up. I guess i'll get the...
  26. Automobilie

Thanks, I read through it and see a few tests that I havent done yet, is it common for things to show up later on? I was also wondering if any treatments work permanently? It always seems like someone finds something that helps for a few months, but alwayz crashes back and the treatment stops...
  27. Automobilie

HR averages between 65-90 laying down, generally around 75. The cardiologist wanted me to up my sodium intake to 3,000mg a day, been trying to, but it's hard on my stomach. The thing is, I'm not 100% sure I'm dealing with ME. I've got some symptoms that fit sometimes, some that are developing...
  28. Automobilie

Thanks for the responses guys! Ok, so I only did the low dose Lexapro for a month, started having trouble with my legs becoming sluggish and didn't feel better so I got off it and the leg thing cleared, but it seemed like I was a little worse afterwards and felt like I was passing out walking...
  29. Automobilie

Hi all, I've been lurking here for quite a while and finally made a profile. I'm a 22 year old college student (Was I guess) and came down with something the start of 2013. The first year, I'd get crashes that were extreme nausea, weakness, and would lose my appetite. Only had about four major...