• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. AnnaDove

Melatonin

@lenin , I have been working with higher doses of melatonin for about 2 mo now and am finally getting the best sleep I've had in 20 yrs. I had to start at 1mg at bedtime and have worked up to 4mg at bedtime and 5mg when I wake up in the middle of the night. I also take 1500mg of glycine in the...
  2. AnnaDove

Comment by 'AnnaDove' in 'My flannel pajama bottoms'

In the winter, I always wear black leggings under all my slacks and jeans. I don't know if they sell these in the men's department but they probably have thermal underwear. Whatever it takes to stay warm, right?
  3. AnnaDove

Keep Waking Up and Fragmented Sleep

@David_101, I would still bet the Klonopin started the problem. Recently, @Mary shared infor from a doctor about a magnesium def causing light sleeping and Klonopin could have caused that. I am presently using sublingual melatonin and amino acids for sleep - also am taking all my mag in the...
  4. AnnaDove

Petition for better dietary guidelines

I signed. I eat low carb and am hoping to increase veggies and fruits soon in spite of many, many food allergies. My cardio is good.
  5. AnnaDove

How do you rest?

I take a nap every afternoon about 1pm. I shut the blinds and curtains, turn off the phone, turn on soft music, and Sash, my cat comes and snuggles beside me. We are both fast asleep in 5min. Wish I could do that at night. I sleep from 1 to 2 hrs according to how I slept the night before.
  6. AnnaDove

Desperate need of help

Hi @ Rizz, In 2008 I started becoming weak and made the rounds of the doctors including gastro doctors to no avail. Like you, food would sit in my stomach with pain until I put more food in to push that through. By process of elimination I diagnosed my own self with pancreatic insufficiency...
  7. AnnaDove

Comment by 'AnnaDove' in 'When did Doctors forget the power of observation?'

I too like war movies, particularly WWII, Real life, people surviving hard times. Also medical movies and series of 19th century. Charity(sp) on Netflix was great!
  8. AnnaDove

Odd topic - robot vacuums - has anyone tried them?

@Judee, I Have an Ilife 4 vacuum and I love it...and yes I have a cat. He got used to it fairly quickly. I only use it about once a week. I mainly vacuum the kit, dining, living room, hallway area and close the bedroom and bathroom doors. From time to time I pick up the bathroom and close...
  9. AnnaDove

Wife still doesn’t believe me

I'm so sorry you're having to live with this illness and such lack of support from your wife. Lean on us. We believe you and we are here for you. Anna
  10. AnnaDove

Now very severe HELP

@kurt, CIould you please share the name of the lab and the test. I am down to 10 foods myself. Thanks
  11. AnnaDove

A message for everyone on Phoenix Rising

@Countrygirl Thanks for the update. I often think of her. So glad she made it through the winter, thank God.
  12. AnnaDove

A plug for muscle testing

Hi @Mary Thanks for sharing. You are a brave soul. I finally learned to MT last Dec 2017 after trying for a long time. I learned by testing myself against an experienced friend in a health store. So far, I've just learned to test my supplements but that has been a great help. No more...
  13. AnnaDove

Now very severe HELP

Hi @MartinDH, So sorry you are having such a rough time. I too had severe vertigo for a long time, also fainting spells. The thing that turned me around was methylB12. Freddd taught us that brands make a difference so I stick with the Solgar brand that he recommended. I got into trouble...
  14. AnnaDove

weak legs -- is this a neuro problem?

@el_squared,Vitamin B1 is the leg fatigue vitamin. You might want to check your levels. Can make a difference with many things in the body.
  15. AnnaDove

Please would you consider doing a kindness to one of our community who is in dire circumstances?

@Cheesus, I saw one on Amazon. Will charge 2 batteries per 2 days. Not a lot but would help out in a pinch. I myself sent a couple packs of hand warmers and a solor powered light which doubles as a table lamp. (lamp was not expensive, about $12.00. I have read that some solar products will...
  16. AnnaDove

Prayer Requests & Praises for Nov/Dec

I just found out about Gillian recently and pray for her every day/night. I sent her some hand warmers and will not rest until she is warm all over.
  17. AnnaDove

Please would you consider doing a kindness to one of our community who is in dire circumstances?

@Countrygirl, Do you know if Gillian can use a solar powered battery charger there in England?
  18. AnnaDove

@Countrygirl, Have you been able to locate an address for Gillian or her mother. I really would like to send her some Christmas cheer. Thanks
  19. AnnaDove

@Countrygirl Will you please also send me an address where I can send mail and a package. Thank you so much for helping her.
  20. AnnaDove

Comment by 'AnnaDove' in 'Coming out of the CFS closet'

Hello strong one. Do your home work on the ovarian cancer. I saw a scientific report on the 700 Club. DEC 13, 2012 He followed 12 patients who gave up all sugar. All 12 alive 2 yr later Hope you can keep at least one of your cats. They are so beautiful!
  21. AnnaDove

What gives you joy every day?

I love animal videos, the sound of my son's voice and especially his face, and of course my beloved orange tabby, Sasha Boy who now runs and hides when I tell him a friend is coming. I made the mistake of telling him a friend was coming when the vet came and stuck needles in him. If I tell him...
  22. AnnaDove

Emergency Hurricane Irma help for sick ME friend; super easy via Amazon “wish list”

The Salvation Army should be safe also. Years ago when they helped me, 90% of intake was going to the need of the people.
  23. AnnaDove

Comment by 'AnnaDove' in 'Christmas update on my life and recovery story'

I am delighted to hear how well you are coming along. It sounds like you're out of your van now, that's good. And yes would you please clone that guy, I could sure use one. Update when you can. Blessings
  24. AnnaDove

Elephant in Pain

@hellytheelephant , So sorry you are suffering like that. I will share a couple of things that helped me. About 15 yrs ago, I developed frozen shoulders, the right being the worst. The doctor wanted to do surgery, but I wanted to look into other things. I went by my chiropractor going home...
  25. AnnaDove

Have any of you tried urine therapy?

@Kimsie, No, I don't think that would be a problem. The thing is, I take a lot of supplements and a lot of sublinguals. Don't know if I can work it in now. We'll see. I was impressed with Martha Christy's story. She recovered from CFS with urine therapy.
  26. AnnaDove

@Kimsie, Yes, as I recall, I waited the 15min period before and after. Why do you think I'm taking too much B12? I am following Freddd's protocol which requires hi dose B12. He is, in my opinion the expert on B12.
  27. AnnaDove

@Kimsie, I used urine therapy several years ago before I was on the B12 protocol and although my fatigue did not improve, the three nodules on my thyroid completely disappeared within 30 days. My doctor was quite impressed. I drank 4 oz in the am and 4 oz in the afternoon. I did it for...
  28. AnnaDove

Do ME/CFS and FM patients have a sharpe tongue?

Bob, Such a warm and encouraging post. Thanks and God Bless. Anna
  29. AnnaDove

Drinking Water

Does anyone know of a good iron filter in house system? I bought a Megahome distiller, but within 3 wks it was clogged up with iron. I also have a large RO filter system at the wellhouse but there is so much iron it cannot cope with it all.