• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Carnivore Diet recovery success stories on YouTube

They didn't say what Ian's LDL s were.? And I thought Hb1ac was a measure of the AGE's ie. Advanced Glycation Endproducts - [ok - snipped] A few people bought Roy Taylors book only to find that the "plan" in the centre of the book consisted only of drinking powdered protein drinks. Can I ask...
  2. M

Thanks @GreenEdge I will watch that.
  3. M

[snipped] I've come back to this forum for my own needs I'm battling diabetes T2D and am confused. I'm going to a "Free Diabetes Education" day this Saturday - but have no idea what meal plan will be pushed. I bought the Mastering Diabetes book with Robby and Cyrus but had trouble getting...
  4. M

Is PR interest waning?

Thank you yippee kiyay.!! And thanks for the emojis - I love them.! That is very INTERESTING. I had no idea that PR has staff?? That was never apparent to me. So - PR is an organisation with paid members - not volunteers.?? And so the rift with GR and CJ was a case of volunteer power having...
  5. M

Is PR interest waning?

Yaas.!!! 😊😊😊 Thank you.!!
  6. M

Is PR interest waning?

I think what I'm tryi g to say is rather than just give an introduction - I am adding my voice to the fact of the disruption here. It looked like everyone had gone.!
  7. M

Is PR interest waning?

I'm one of the ones who lurked here a lot - and enjoyed various conversations like Freddds protocol Resistant Starch The Perfect Health Diet then found myself out into mainly FB wilderness (RCP, Copper Revolution etc.) and now just passing through. I thought at one point there seemed to be some...
  8. M

Marked improvement from apples

@knackers323 can I ask what sort of vitamin C you were taking.? Thanks.
  9. M

I will say it again, it is a mitochondrial disease.

Dr. Mercola says a lot of modern illness is mitochondrial disease, doesn't he.? Fat For Fuel is an interesting read. Mitochondria vary from 1 mito per skin cell up to 5000 per heart and brain cell.
  10. M

3 yrs on - methylfolate and muscle wasting roadblock

Hi. Can I ask how you get the 180mcg titrations like that? I've got Radience Boron capsules in 3mg but I see a lot of people just spoon out the 20 Mule Team Borax straight into water and that seems to work for them. Thanks. Rob
  11. M

Been gradually getting worse for years, huge drop last month

Hope things are better.. In answer to the apple cider vinegar, I would take two desert spoons in a 250 ml glass of water.
  12. M

Is it absolutely necessary to take a B complex as part of any methylation protocol?

I thought potassium supplementation was the one to never omit?
  13. M

Been gradually getting worse for years, huge drop last month

I find different "emergency" tweaks can get me through: 1. apple cider vinegar in cool water (not hot as it destroys enzymes) 2. berrocca multi-vite in warm water (i know its got artificial sweetener) 3. sports drinks like Gatorade containing potassium ( I have found sometimes work amazingly I...
  14. M

Can You Work?

Thanks. Post-exertional malaise? I might have once thought that - but now I feel like I am suffering from brain inflammation. I felt like I was recovering at one point as I was briefly on a strict vegetarian regime - vegan - as I am convinced that milk mimics glutamates. But I didn't keep it...
  15. M

What to take for an Excitotory Brain?

@Silence I have the same problem if it's of any worth. Hard to find anything helpful on the net for this (except above).
  16. M

Can You Work?

I don't know what answer to put as I have been more or less coping for 25 years but now I'm in a hole..I seem to have recurring headcolds that keep me at home sick.
  17. M

GABA Modulating Bacteria of the Human Gut Microbiome

Is this it? https://www.newscientist.com/article/2095769-gut-bacteria-spotted-eating-brain-chemicals-for-the-first-time/
  18. M

William Walsh Ph.D., Walsh Institute, brain chemistry testing

One question I've had for a while is where are all the people that've been helped? Testimonies? Because there aren't any on the facebook page. Just saying.
  19. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Sorry I can't help you but my personal emergency measure is some hot water with 3 spoons of apple cider vinegar and some honey in it. I don't know about folate etc. Maybe you are reacting to the whey too.
  20. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks Jamo. I will add these to my regime! I went to the physio today. This is having to be my life now. Cheers R.
  21. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks Picante Ahmo and Freddd. I got px'ed Ibuprofen - but I'm still in pain. I gotta say it's radical getting this amount of pain back after years without it. Also I felt something in my head this morning. I lost part of my hearing a long time ago. Been lying on the floor doing McKenzie...
  22. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hmm.. looks like I haven't read it - just looking at it again. (Duh..)
  23. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks for that. I guess I may have been reading what feels like a lot around the subject - but not getting onto any nitty gritty. And part of it seems to be spare time for me. I think I read all of rev 1 of the freddd protocol. Anyway I will try and push further. If I think about it - there...
  24. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I wonder if I can post this. About 6 months ago I bought Solgar Methylcobalamin (1000 mcg) took it home and took 1 a day for only about 3 days. Felt awful and put it in the cupboard thinking I'd wasted my money. Then months later I just happened to try a Powerade sports drink which obviously...
  25. M

Prostate Pain and Methyl Cycle

Hi I have been getting severe prostate pain now after about a week of having a few different potassium sports drinks. Has yours cleared up? Its strange - and painful. I also had severe sciatica but the prostate prob is bad.. Rob
  26. M

Freddd's protocol killed my sleep

Maybe try plant-based efa's (omega 3's & 6's) to increase sleep-phase.
  27. M

Methylation: From feeling FANTASTIC back to Square One

The main thing maybe would be to get homocysteine and glutathione checked?
  28. M

Methylation: From feeling FANTASTIC back to Square One

I don't know as I haven't gone as far as Amy Yasko analysis and help yet - but - I would have thought - if it is better than this other guy's demo - who is not a doctor - it must be pretty good I would have thought.