• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Tired of being sick

I'd appreciate if all members who have CFS/ME participate in this POLL on POTS&NMH

I found this to be highly interesting as well on MY UPMC patient healthcare tracking upcoming Dr. appointments and tests portal...... Besides all the symptoms we already know........... Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome How is ME/CFS diagnosed? You must also have one or more...
  2. Tired of being sick

Has anyone tried medical grade marijuana for their ME/CFS symptoms?

This could be any group of your ME/CFS symptoms.. I'm curious as I smoked regular marijuana before and hated how it made me feel but they say medical grade marijuana doesn't get you high or paranoid............
  3. Tired of being sick

Questions about heart rate monitoring

What is AT exactly? My heart rate laying down is on average 72 BPM...... My heart rate on average is 155 BPM with heavy mouth breathing while on feet,especially when I crawl back in bed for a minute or 2.... ,just doing daily bare minimal things like brushing teeth putting belt...
  4. Tired of being sick

I'd appreciate if all members who have CFS/ME participate in this POLL on POTS&NMH

I just read some of my posts in this thread and can't believe I was upset enough to fly off the handle.. I'm embarrassed and I apologize to those I might have offended..........
  5. Tired of being sick

Directly referring to post #98,I myself diagnosed my POTS before getting confirmation by a tilt table test, done by a cardiac electrophysiologist..
  6. Tired of being sick

I would also greatly appreciate, those of you who have NMH that checked the poll box of I know for sure I do not have POTS Please Uncheck the box as you still have a form of Dysautonomia Because I made a mistake of not including NMH in the original poll..........
  7. Tired of being sick

Here is some more jaw dropping proof that many more ME/CFS sufferers more than likely have POTS or NMH POTS, A Debilitating Poorly Understood Condition, Most Common Among Young, Educated Women So, the researchers assessed 136 patients with POTS, measuring their levels of fatigue, sleepiness...
  8. Tired of being sick

You want the best road map to manging putting SEID/ME/CFS to sleep on the planet?

Those of you who believe you do not have depression you are only fooling yourselves as a major debilitating illness such as ME/CFS/SEID is going to cause depression and this is fact...... The reason you do not want to admit to depression is because you believe your doctors will say depression...
  9. Tired of being sick

You want the best road map to manging putting SEID/ME/CFS to sleep on the planet?

One more vital ingredient you will need to find a great therapist for on going mental health treatment. I have been going weekly since 11/5/13 and it has did wonders for my fight/acceptance, and hope for life itself.
  10. Tired of being sick

The best medications combinded for SEID & Dysautomia especially POTS and pain and arthritis it creates are> Adderall/midodrine/Fentany/TramadalGabapentin/Androgel gel/Androxy/Pyruvic acid./vitamin d3/magniesium/claritin D/60 ounces of electrolyte sport drinks or water called propel and 1 gallon...
  11. Tired of being sick

My theory is "PROVED" by my own success all you have to do is read my post history to know how many sicknesses injuries,everything. The truth is plain and simple>:SEID/ME/CFS is Vagus nerve dysfunction either through injuries/virus or just your own body pinching it naturally from abnormal...
  12. Tired of being sick

Read then Print a copy of> Are Oxygen Starved Tissues Causing Pain and Fatigue in Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)? by Cort Johnson Because this is the closest evidence I ever found on the internet that describes EVERYTHING that is wrong with The SEID/ME/CFS sufferers period...
  13. Tired of being sick

What has helped more with your sleep?

Lol,I know right? The amitriptyline hits me in about 4 to 6 hours And when it does I become paralyzed litrerally. So if Im not in bed my legs will not work I have to practically crawl to my bed,LOL..........
  14. Tired of being sick

What has helped more with your sleep?

I take Amitriptyline and it will knock you out.. I have been on everything else besides Xyrem to no avail. But if you have POTS it will make it worse But if you take ADDERALL first and foremost it will counter it. Midodrine will also counter but not nearly as effective as ADDERALL
  15. Tired of being sick

Researchers discover that HBOT greatly reduces or eliminates pain in women with fibromyalgia

Of course! Now they need to find away to increase blood circulation from monophasic back to triphasic! . Soon as the FDA approves surgical implant for Vagus nerve stimulation treatment for many illnesses! As of now the surgery is only approved for epilepsy as far as FDA and insurance goes...
  16. Tired of being sick

Resignation

Yes, Mostly because of reading this forum. Every single mention of treatment whether it be pharmaceutical,homeopathic,cognitive behavioral therapy and of course Graded Exercise Therapy! Is "ALWAYS" a dead end! Every single thing I read here,hurls me into a deeper depression!! Especially...
  17. Tired of being sick

"CFS may not be a chronic illness": Buzz60 - I don't even know where to begin...

Basically the only people who pay attention are the ones who have the disease or the ones bashing it. Around 99% of Doctors/mainstream health professionals are either Ridiculing/bashing or just outright ignoring it.. The way I'm getting hep is calling it Vagus nerve dysfunction/damage as I am...
  18. Tired of being sick

"CFS may not be a chronic illness": Buzz60 - I don't even know where to begin...

We all need to ignore this because if we don't they simply win.. why.. Defending one's self over ludicrous claims shows evidence that is making you unsure of your own diagnoses/illnesses..
  19. Tired of being sick

Have I just stumbled on the best possible therapy for CFS/ME/POTS sufferers?

If you have private insurance, for the most part, P-STIM is covered for at least reimbursement.. I have a feeling this study will produce significant results. however medicaid and medicare will find a way to debunk it as they did in all other positive results.. Another option is surgery to...
  20. Tired of being sick

Is CFS/ME an unidentified VIRUS?

No,Clindamycin helped all my symptoms including induced reflux,hiatal hernia bloating and my diverticulitis/constipation....
  21. Tired of being sick

Is CFS/ME an unidentified VIRUS?

It significantly helped my "Inflammation" pain.. And I'm on Fentanyl
  22. Tired of being sick

Anyone Trying Niagen?

I would appreciate if you would keep us updated in this tread after you have been on this a while.. Also, would it be possible if you could PM me your diagnoses? my diagnoses are in my signature..
  23. Tired of being sick

The Importance of Orthostatic Intolerance in the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I blame all of my fatigue,weakness,pain,cognitive trouble,sleep problems and Osteoarthritis on the monophasic blood circulation to my limbs and brain upon any exertion associated with my 2ndary POTS.... SEID/ME is the primary but POTS is the main disabler.
  24. Tired of being sick

The Importance of Orthostatic Intolerance in the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

To bring you guys up to date on my diagnosis I had 2 tilt table tests done 1 at UPMC and the other done at the Cleveland Clinic, both conclusions were that I have the Hyperadrenergic with late stage of neurally mediated hypotension form of POTS. Cleveland Clinic also performed a blood volume...
  25. Tired of being sick

Hiatal Hernia and the connection with chronic illness

I meant hiatal hernia of any type, not just sliding.. Sorry for the confusion..
  26. Tired of being sick

No, I have no income............ But thanks for the info,as I will look into it if I ever receive an income down the road.......
  27. Tired of being sick

What's the use? As this thread had just three replies...