• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. fprefect

panicky and having suicidal thoughts after 2 months of unsuccessfully addressing methyl trapping

hi everyone. sorry about the lack of response. I have been too low on energy and mental clarity to respond properly. @Eastman, thank you for your responses. my b2 was low according to the OAT more than a year ago. I don't think it has improved much. it is probably contributing to my current...
  2. fprefect

panicky and having suicidal thoughts after 2 months of unsuccessfully addressing methyl trapping

@Gondwanaland and @JES, oops. I forgot to visit this thread on sep 6 since I wasn't thinking clearly. so I just saw the messages from sep 6 onwards! I will keep this short since I am not thinking clearly enough to reply properly. I tried a very low dose of the custom b complex I mentioned...
  3. fprefect

my mental clarity has been worse. my days are more than 48 hours long. I have been too out of it to reply. I have been losing weight due to having 3 meals every 48 hours. I got pain in my tailbone due to weight loss. I have been eating the same amount to try and keep my oxalate intake the...
  4. fprefect

i tested the 4mcg astaxanthin about 4 days ago. i think it increased oxalate dumping without increasing oxalate production. the decreased mental clarity meant i couldn't reply here. it might have caused pain in my lower back / hip, but that might have been due to sitting for 2 hours without...
  5. fprefect

i am too low on mental clarity to reply properly. i am still titrating the magnesium oil. after i increased it yesterday, it is unclear whether i am increasing or decreasing oxalate circulation. i think i am seeing more tinnitus and more pain in my gums, but less of a headache (suspected...
  6. fprefect

moving my breakfast increased the oxalate circulation (increased tinnitus, increased pain at base of skull, decreased mental clarity, etc). i think it decreased magnesium as i am seeing more fasciculations again. i will try adding magnesium oil. also, i am trying to get new cotton clothes to...
  7. fprefect

the oxalate circulation is a bit better due to reverting an accidental change, but the mental clarity is still not good enough for me to reply today. touch wood, but at least i am a bit less hungry during the day. i will try again tomorrow. Ford
  8. fprefect

i am too low on mental clarity to respond. the oxalate circulation is still higher than previously. i will try again tomorrow. Ford
  9. fprefect

i tried moving my meal time to decrease my rate of weight loss and accidentally caused more oxalate circulation. i am too low on mental clarity to reply. i will try again tomorrow. Ford
  10. fprefect

i am too low on energy to respond. i will try again tomorrow. Ford
  11. fprefect

@Gondwanaland, sorry about the very delayed reply. i will try to keep this short since i am trying to sleep earlier. these 40 hour days are making me lose weight. thank you. i have added these tests to my list. thank you for this. Susan Owens says b5 does help reduce oxalates. however, my 2014...
  12. fprefect

i am too low on mental clarity to respond. the oxalate circulation is worse. i think the magnesium dose was too high yesterday. i will try again tomorrow. Ford
  13. fprefect

@Gondwanaland, sorry about the absurdly delayed and long reply again. i have been feeling more out of it recently. thank you for the info. i didn't know that. i will do some tests, probably starting with thyroid tests, including reverse t3. the previous doctor recommended it and i vaguely...
  14. fprefect

i am too low on energy to respond properly after wrestling with a mannequin. don't ask. :rolleyes: it is my attempt to minimise the allodynia from new tshirts. i will try to reply tomorrow. Ford
  15. fprefect

i am too low on mental clarity to reply. i think the b1 messed with my sleep and mental clarity, and also caused increased oxalate dumping. it is unclear whether it increased or decreased magnesium. i will try again tomorrow. Ford
  16. fprefect

@Gondwanaland, sorry about the absurdly late and long reply again. i am not thinking clearly. that is one of the problems with oxalates. o_O it creates nutritional relationships that don't otherwise exist. ie. i take substance 1, which increases oxalate circulation, which then decreases...
  17. fprefect

i am too low on mental clarity to reply. the suspected anemia is also somewhat worse. i think i accidentally took too much zinc. i will try to reply again tomorrow. Ford
  18. fprefect

@Gondwanaland, sorry about the late and long reply again. i am not thinking clearly. i am still looking for another integrative/functional doctor. my dentist (who has the info) has been on leave. i hear you about doctors not always getting it right. o_O oops. i didn't meant to imply that i...
  19. fprefect

i am too low on mental clarity to respond, probably due to testing magnesium oxide to partially replace magnesium oil (to make my magnesium intake and thus daily oxalate production/dumping more stable). i think the magnesium oxide dose was too low. i will try again tomorrow. Ford
  20. fprefect

i will try to keep this short since i am low on energy. @JaimeS, my mother, a (very conservative) pediatrician, doesn't think i have serotonin syndrome after going through the symptom list i showed her. i am inclined to agree despite the diarrhea, headaches and occasional shivering, which she...
  21. fprefect

@barbc56, sorry about the delayed response. i haven't been thinking clearly. i didn't mean to cause you worry. sorry about that. thank you. i hope you are well. @Gondwanaland, skipping ahead for a bit, that is good to know. thank you. urine ph was 7.5 or a bit more today. i will test saliva...
  22. fprefect

@JaimeS, sorry about the long and delayed reply. i am trying to respond quickly, but i am not thinking clearly. i didn't know about anti-serotonin antibodies. thank you. i had considered serotonin syndrome, but a reminder is good. i have anxiety, but no sweats. i haven't checked my heartrate...
  23. fprefect

@Gondwanaland, sorry about the delayed response. the mental clarity has been lower recently. sorry this is long winded. i am not thinking clearly. thank you for the info on copper supplementation. how do i tell if a doctor knows how to interpret the blood panel? i thought rbc copper deficiency...
  24. fprefect

i am too low on energy to reply. i think i accidentally took too much magnesium last night. it caused heat in my hands. i suspect lower b6. i woke up repeatedly with foot cramps, which subsided a bit after some potassium. however, the potassium demand has been noticeably higher most of today...
  25. fprefect

@Gondwanaland, i didn't know that about st john's wort. thank you. it isn't my first choice to deal with depression. however, i haven't found anything else that doesn't cause some adverse response. magnesium and methyl b12 seem to cause more oxalate dumping than i can tolerate now. zinc causes...
  26. fprefect

@Gondwanaland, sorry this is delayed and long winded. i am not thinking clearly. i don't want to be on the antifungals. the fungus on my feet appeared when the oxalate dumping got worse. once, the affected area doubled in size, which freaked me out. i assume this is due to low biotin from...
  27. fprefect

i am having too much of a headache to post. the suspected anemia is worse. i am not sure if magnesium is lower again, possibly due to gargling salt yesterday. i will try again tomorrow.
  28. fprefect

@Gondwanaland, thank you for looking over the list. i am sorry this is long winded. i am not thinking clearly. i hope your husband's hepatitis got better. you guys have been through the wringer. :( i want to stop the paracetamol. i take it to help with allodynia so i can sleep. when i tried...
  29. fprefect

here is the complete list of medicines and supplements: (ON = once nightly) Cap Lyrica 75mg ON Tab Amitryptiline 5mg ON Calcium Supplement 600mg ON Magnesium 570mg magnesium oxide (gnc magnesium, 250mg). dr's best magnesium magnesium glycinate. about 100mg. magnesium lysinate. about 100mg...
  30. fprefect

@JaimeS, sorry about the delay again. i am trying to get to these messages in chronological order. i appreciate your input. to be clear, i don't hold anyone else responsible for my health, unless they inject me with something while i am unconscious. i haven't held doctors responsible even when...