• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Constant belly bloat

I know it is an old thread, but since I came across, some of my experiences: I have similar problems: The slightest amounts of carbonhydrates, fodmaps, starches, probiotics, fermented foods gave me enormous bloating and pain. Especially when I ate something after 15:00 (afternoon) I got...
  2. M

Is there BH4 supplement/medicine?

Sorry I was not precise on that. Both is valid (shipping and storing in fridge). At my workplace (abroad) I have only a cheap fridge without a decent freezer, there I can "observe"/sense the degeneration. But the shipping seems to be the more important issue to me.
  3. M

This is not a question of the fridge! It is a question of shipping. It takes around 5 to 7 days till the shipping arrives at my place. Assuming an average temperature of 20°C most of the BH4 is gone untill I receive it. Now (in winter time) it works better (lower temperature on the way)...
  4. M

I would say BH4 could improve depresion symptoms. In my case it does work but since biochemistry and genetics and intoxication and etc. etc. etc. are very complex issues this is a very individual question. I would just advice caution. Read Amy Yasko. BH4 might trigger heavy detox which can...
  5. M

Anyone experience with them? Does shipping to Germany/Europe work? Is shipping cooled? Are 50mg mixed with some (which) filling powder otherwise it would be a tiny amount? Bought there twice. BH4 worked as expected but effect differs, I assume its the cooling issue. In winter (when cold) it...
  6. M

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

Does anybody know how difficult it is to get prescription medicine in Mexico? Or having sent them to Mexico from online pharmacy? (I will stay there for a while on vacation)
  7. M

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

I am from Austria, they did not send me any prescription medicine (I asked them). Seems to be because Austria is very strict.
  8. M

How is the packaging? Is it hermetically sealed (airtight) or in an ampule or ...?
  9. M

Thanks for your initiative! Do you have the ecological formula on stock? It is sold out everywhere else. How is the research powder contained? Is it airsealed, is it in an ampule etc. Dos it come as the pure substance (or does it contaion other substances), I mean it would be technically hard...
  10. M

NADH, anyone?

My experience: I came across NADH since it is supposed to increase BH4 levels (BH4 supplementation helps me a lot but is difficult to get and expensive, see threads here in the forum). Took the Seeking Health product 25mg NADH sublingual regularely with no negative effects but also noted no...
  11. M

BH4 - GCH1 Question

off-topic: Do you have a link to the side effects (fatigue) of selenium? Never heard of that. Very interessting. I do also have elevated levels (levels increased after starting treatment), as others described it too in another forum. The only exlpanation I heared: Selenium bounds with...
  12. M

Many thanks, I will read through the documents
  13. M

Thanks for your clarification. Didn't know that it is stable in the fridge. How do you know? By trying? Because Kuvan manufacturer seems very secretive. Also I have read often that it is synthetic produced but does that mean it is different to the natural product? I can't find any solid...
  14. M

Can't say, because out of stock for a while.
  15. M

Sure there is. As it is outlined in this thread there are chemical supplieres. I know of at least two. Schricks and caymanchem. But there are not recommendable in my opinion (as also discussed here previously) due to several reasons. One reason seems that high doses may have serious side...
  16. M

Hallo Mimi, I am curious. How did you avoid the oxidation of BH4 after opening? I mean one ampule contains way more than a daily dose (as far as I understand). What did you do with the rest? Speculation mode: Could the degeneration be a reason for the side effects? I mean in the body BH4 is...
  17. M

It seems every supplier (at least in Europe) ran out of stock and there is no soon restocking expected. I am running out of my last batch soon. s**t
  18. M

BH4 - GCH1 Question

As fas as I understand it, the ratio of Neopterin/Biopterin gives you the information as I have read in different labs, see for example https://www.gdx.net/product/neopterin-biopterin-test-urine (this site has a sample report https://www.gdx.net/core/sample-reports/0088-NEOBIO-SR.pdf )
  19. M

Today I competed another round of Detox with DMSA. I took a lot of BH4 with it. And what shall I say, I did not feel any sinde effects, just the contrary, my brain fellt fine even above my average state and my digestion "flows" also better than usually. I can also sense that my hormons are...
  20. M

Nutreval Interpretation Guide

@caledonia Since I made an organic acid (Organix) test I used your interpretation guide, many thanks. In addition I looked at my suspicious results and made some research on them. All of this I put into a file to have an overview. This helped me because I also reseached for different names of...
  21. M

Fixing Leaky Gut Helps ME/CFS, and Sometimes Achieves Full Remission

I am not a fan of strictly following one strategy only, so I do not see this book as the bible. Nevertheless I use it as a resource and guideline. Since it is difficult to pick out her exact arguments and strategy from the written text I made a structured guideline for myself what GAPS...
  22. M

Oh, I read down to the bottom of the page of your link and there it is stated. In case of PKU this seems not to be the case, this is one reason why I would say this statement is not applicable for all. I had no success with Phenylalanie.
  23. M

@Mimi Du schreibst sehr gut Deutsch, Gratulation. Thanks for your reply and your detailed explanation. Not wasting BH4 due to inflammation would be great, if I would only know where the supposed inflamation comes from. @all Many thanks for all your comments. Since BH4 helps me a lot I try to...
  24. M

Another interesting observation: Since my metabolism changed due to BH4 I am starving for pasture butter. I eat it every day together with any meal, like others use Mayonaise or Ketchup. Somtimes I just bite into a block of butter with pleasure. This would be an explanation to Mimi's description...
  25. M

Hello Mimi, Thanky you very much for your update. It is very interesting what you describe. Regarding lead & mercury detox I had the impression that BH4 removed several blocks in my metabolism and enabled me the first time to detox at all. I mean I had some success in detoxing before as well...
  26. M

Well, thats a long list. Basically everything mentioned here in the forum and more like: Adressing all relevant SNPs in methylation cycle first (based on this forum and RichVK, Amy Yasko and many others) treating severe digestion issues (e.g. change to Paleo diet & safe starches, probiotics ...)...
  27. M

@Mimi Is it possible to give us an update on your order to Schircks? Did it work? How much did you get for which price? And especially, which item did you buy? There are several different forms of BH4 shown in their pricelist and I would not know which is the appropriate one or which is...
  28. M

Nutreval Interpretation Guide

@caledonia Great work, thank you very much. It helped me a lot to understand my Organix test. The fog is lifting (not my brain fog, but the fog of the data found in the test results)
  29. M

Fixing Leaky Gut Helps ME/CFS, and Sometimes Achieves Full Remission

Hello all, I read this thread with heavy interest, thanks for all the valuable postings. I want to mention recourses which may be of help: http://www.doctor-natasha.com/ The book was already mentioned here. This book describes very detailed the leaky gut phenomenon. It is the most detailed book...