• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Transdermal B12 oils

I have been ordering this B12 oil in 3-packs since last year. I love it and hope I never have to go back to sublinguals. I believe I definitely have been storing B12 in my liver because the other day I forgot to use the B12 with my morning 5mg of methylfolate...and had absolutely no negative...
  2. T

Very low vitamin C tolerance...any significance?

I have tried taking vitamin C many times before and can *maybe* tolerate 250mg. If I move up to 500mg I have bowel issues. This is true for ascorbic acid, buffered forms, and ascorbyl palmitate. Even if I take it with food (when I would rather take it with just water on an empty stomach...
  3. T

Why does choline cause me to yawn and feel groggy/sleepy?

Supplements I am currently taking (wow, it looks like a lot): Transdermoil Adenosyl/Methylcobalamin - 2 pumps (morning) Thorne 5-MTHF - 2mg+ 2xday (morning/afternoon) Douglas Labs B-Complex w/Metafolin - 1 (morning) Thorne P-5-P - 33.8mg (morning) Thorne R-5-P - 36.5mg (morning) Doctor's Best...
  4. T

Why does choline cause me to yawn and feel groggy/sleepy?

I have tried phosphatidyl choline a couple of times and it always makes me start yawning incessantly for a few hours and become groggy and sleepy. Then I just feel dazed and, well, "blah". I recently tried an EPA/DHA supplement extracted from fish oil (Thorne brand) which had a similar effect...