• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Mild CFS: liquid foods/empty stomach

Thanks. Gawd this is complicated.
  2. S

New wrinkle: Beans, brown rice, watermelon

Wednesday: Garbanzo + different dressing + rice tortilla + nectarine = only mild heaviness, no dizziness. (Leg pain was already there, so I can't gauge that.) Well, this sounds like it is worth repeating.
  3. S

New wrinkle: Beans, brown rice, watermelon

Tuesday: I skipped my usual lunch of very-liquid soup and a non-wheat tortilla, and piece of fruit (seasonal like apple, nectarine, etc.). Today I had some canned garbanzos mixed with thawed spinach and tossed with homemade Italian dressing, and a brown-rice tortilla with butter. I'd had...
  4. S

Thank you. This sounds helpful.
  5. S

Maybe so. I'll write this down on my 3x5 card on how to cope.
  6. S

Not that I know of. Just a mild, stress-induced CFS (that's been persistent lately). Which I think is lifting! Food is not making my stomach struggle today.
  7. S

In case anyone is interested, lying down as soon as I get the head-achy feeling after a meal has been helping. (Not just sitting down or reclining somewhat, but truly lying down.) It seems to lessen the feeling and I think is cutting down on the recovery time from the meal.
  8. S

Anything heavier than water is a problem for me.
  9. S

I am going to try napping IMMEDIATELY after eating to see if this speeds things. I think it might have helped after lunch today. Has anyone else tried this?
  10. S

Thanks, ukx, I haven't tried these. I'll check to see how much they are, since I'm on a limited income. I can't be sure if it will move things any faster (right now it takes 90-120 minutes), but I'll look into it.l
  11. S

Thanks, Penny. I wish I could eat that often. Spreading meals out seems to just prolong the fatigue.
  12. S

Thanks. ANY food in between meals makes me woozy, so I'm trying to limit myself to 3 meals. I wish I could go fewer or smaller, but I'm pretty thin (and getting thinner). I'll see if using my hand-blender help, like your Nutribullet does. My solid meal is always the last one, and boy do I...
  13. S

Has anyone ever tried "strategizing" in some way with liquid foods or keeping an empty stomach? My condition is mild; I can have years of remission. I can have a few hours of daytime with near-normalcy when my stomach is empty or emptying out. Liquid foods also slightly-lessen the drag on my...