• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

XMRV found in ME/CFS samples from "all of Europe"

Hi, some wise posts here, i have to think about some things said a bit more :Retro smile: Let's hope the conference brings some news that connects the results of the different studys somehow. From my more logical then medical point of view the study situtation is a big mess at the moment...
  2. F

Hi, Well, you mean the 10% reported by Fischer et al? I think the results of this study regarding differences between "healthy" and "immunocompromised" patients are not stastically significant. The groups have been way to small for that. In fact AFAIR one positive patient more or one positive...
  3. F

This sounds weird. CFS Patients clearly don't have an immunological status comparable to AIDS, e.g. no low T-Cell counts. Does anybody know more about how to interpretate this statement? Regards
  4. F

Concerned about TWiV/Virology.ws & Alan Dove - so I sent an email....

Hi, Prof. Racaniello stated in his last TWiV that they were going to have a break of one or two weeks, so there seems no reason to be concerned. I'm sure they will cover MLVs intensely on upcoming TWiVs. Regards
  5. F

German / Austrian News Coverage

Hi, you're right, the older spiegel article was ridiculous, but to be fair: The *current* Spiegel article is okay. The headline reads "Fatigue Syndrome: Growing Suspicion towards Viruses" Regards