• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. awdbawl

NT Factor Soy-based

I was just reading on one of the threads the recommendation of NTFactor. But when I checked the ingredients, it said it was soy-based. So my question is, is it counter-indicated, then, for folks who're allergic to soy?
  2. awdbawl

Cancer On Top Of CFS! :(

PS: I did not choose any alternative remedies for the cancer because it was an aggressive cancer, and I was stage 3. If I had been 1 or 2, I might've tried alternative routes first, but that would've been suicidal in my particular case.
  3. awdbawl

Thanx to all the other folks who replied since my last comment: I'm sorry I've not replied earlier. I went thru a zillion tests, then chemo, then surgery, then more chemo, then radiation and another type of (more "benign") chemo, and in the midst of it all, my mother died 2 weeks after the...
  4. awdbawl

Today was an absolutely EGGGGzawsting day, filled to the brim, so I can't reply the way I want to 2nite, but these latest posts, again, were very informative and useful, and I thankee kindly for your input. Real quick, tho: Melatonin, Benedryl, calcium, magnesium, Rest & Repair, alternating...
  5. awdbawl

Thanx to all of you who passed along the good info since my last post. {applause} I had figured there might be complications with anesthesia (a dog I used to take care of died during spaying cuz the vet put too much narcosis into her epilepsied system---boohooo), since CFS just makes...
  6. awdbawl

Need for Quietness and Solitude - are these typical CFS/ME symptoms?

:wide-eyed::thumbsup: Wow, Klutzo: that is an EXCELLENT observation (even if I myself am an INTJ, it still applies in my case as well).
  7. awdbawl

WOW! :woot::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanx to all of you who've responded to my initial question: my apologies for being so late in "returning," but I've been without a computer at home; add to that all the MD appts. plus test after test, plus finding out I've got ANOTHER lump in the...
  8. awdbawl

Howdy! I've been diagnosed with cancer and will be needing chemo, radiation and surgery. My question is: has any other CFSer here been thru the cancer mill, and how did you fare, especially, how was your recuperation? I'm concerned about getting the "double whammy" because even when I get a...
  9. awdbawl

Hope deferred ...

:smiley-hug: Daff, I am afraid of the same thing; I'd rather die from a quick heart attack, or stroke or aneurysm---anything but slowly rotting away in a nursing "home." Hope you're feeling more encouraged soon. :balloons:
  10. awdbawl

Neurological link and Music

Medical Mozart Effect?:Retro smile: Oh, ainit the pits! Especially humiliating for a professional linguist! :ashamed:
  11. awdbawl

Hope deferred ...

@ the OP: in some cases, sick, yes, in other cases, stony (as in harden up so as not to shrivel up completely). I don't believe I'll ever get well again, as much as I wish I would, and as much as I tried all kinds of stuff for years (some of it rendering me permanently worse!!! :Retro mad:)...
  12. awdbawl

CFS turned my spiritual life, and my church world, upside down

Wasteland would be more like it. GRRRR! :winking: Fasssscinating stuff, Judder! I never noticed that about that passage. It echoes Job 23: Behold, I go forward, but he is not there, and backward, but I do not perceive him; 9 on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him; he...
  13. awdbawl

CFS turned my spiritual life, and my church world, upside down

You might just be my CFS twin, LOL! Here I thought I was the only one! :Retro smile: Are you sure you're not my alter-ego? :Retro eek: :Retro biggrin: I call it "subsistance faith," or when I'm really in a cynical mood, "beef jerky faith.":Retro rolleyes: AMMMMMEN, wummun! I keep thinking...
  14. awdbawl

Need for Quietness and Solitude - are these typical CFS/ME symptoms?

Ditto here. (Not to mention that my AQ is only 23, a point below the "average math contest winner." :victory: )