• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

I was on the protocol for 6-8 months at least (with Dr. Brewer directly). Nystatin and Ampho-B; used ampho the longest. However the protocol was triggering my ocular migraines like mad so I stopped last summer. Before all of this our house had mold in it; I had house cleaned up as best as...
  2. D

Yes, ERMI testing is good. And so is the real time labs testing. I think the real time labs dust is probably a better test to check for current environmental mycotoxin exposure. Even if you have say pennicilium spores found using ERMI (very common, they are everywhere) there is no guarantee...
  3. D

ALL homes have mold spores in them. Mold spores are literally everywhere at all times; it's nearly impossible to avoid them unless you are in a "clean room" they use to make electronics or do research. Something like 250,000 spores fit on the head of a pin... Every mold culture test should...
  4. D

lfish; do you still live in your home/place of exposure?
  5. D

I have been just rinsing it off. I had a bit of a crash this week. But I have been off treatment for over a week. Tonight I will start the Nystatin. I was on Ampho for almost 8 weeks.
  6. D

So far I have to say the treatment appears to be having a positive effect. I switched from Ampho B to Nystatin to see if it helps with my visual migranes possibly being triggered by the Ampho B/detoxing. I took a week or two off from it and I feel remarkably better; best I have in awhile. I...
  7. D

No he didn't. I didn't discuss it with him. Early March.
  8. D

I've been having similar reactions to the protocol. Although I find some of my detox symptoms to be a little different we match up on most of them. There was one point I had to stop the meds; once I did I found I rebounded fairly quickly. At one point I was feeling noticeably better so I...
  9. D

I am under his care and using this protocol. I tested high for tricothecenes from RTL. Oddly my 1st test was negative, very low level of tricothecenes. We did a re-test after discussing all of my symptoms. For the 2nd test I had been doing some strong physical activity the day before and I...