• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Have you ever tried an autoimmune diet protocol (like Paleo AIP)?

The main reason I believe the "eat meat, drink water" way of eating will work for me is because eating meat only gives me a lot of fat, which my body craves, and a way to keep my blood sugar even with extremely low insulin. The protein in meat is turned into glucose through gluconeogenesis...
  2. K

Paleo isn't high protein. It's somewhat higher fat, but still has plenty of carbs, just not legumes, grains or dairy. Atkins is also not high protein. It's high fat, moderate protein and moderate non-starchy veggies. To be satiated and satisfied, one needs both protein and fat...
  3. K

I have several auto immune conditions (RA, Hashis, Graves, Celiac). And, of course, I have lots of homozygous SNPs too. I've had joint pain for 15 years, sometimes so severely that I haven't been able to keep active. There is never a day without pain, but some days I feel good enough to ride...