• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Z

supplemental 5-MTHF versus egg yolks

Thanks for the responses. @minkeygirl, The filler idea is a good one, but I have experimented at some length and am fairly certain that I am not sensitive to excipients -- though I am ultra-sensitive to certain active ingredients, for sure! @whodathunkit, Thanks for sharing your experience...
  2. Z

supplemental 5-MTHF versus egg yolks

I reported a bad experience supplementing 5-MTHF and m-B12. I've tried to reintroduce 5-MTHF many times since with consistently negative results, even at less than 100mcg per day. Experiments with low-dose TMG have also been very unpleasant. As much as I try to convince myself that @Freddd...
  3. Z

Why would B12+folate cause GABA to reverse its effect?

@Violeta, This is a compelling idea -- and my best guess at present, too! My plan, when I get up the nerve to try m-B12 + 5-MTHF again, is to take larger daily doses of the other Bs, especially B2. The first time around, I kept dosages very low, mainly because of claims by @Freddd that...
  4. Z

@Violeta, Thank you for your many contributions to this thread. Sorry for my delay in responding! I wish I knew what to say about histamine. No question, it became a big problem after I got sick -- but so did other things, such as tyramine, purine, and, above all, glutamate. I suddenly...
  5. Z

Thank you, everyone, for the responses. What a generous community this is! I am doing better now, but it took quite a few days after stopping 5-MTHF + B12 for things to start calming down, and I am still not back, by a long way, to where I was before I started. I remain entirely confused as...
  6. Z

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking for a long time, but this is my first post. I finally did the Health Diagnostics methylation panel, which showed low reduced glutathione, high oxidized glutathione, low SAM, high SAH, and low folate at every step of its path. I took this as a green light to...