• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Valerie Eliot Smith

Trial By Error, Continued: The CMRC Affirms Full Support for Libelous Crawley

Sorry @Snowdrop - I only just saw this. It depends on the nature and wording of the agreement. It's not possible to comment without seeing a copy of it. It can be shown to a legal advisor without breaking the agreement as the parties are protected by legal professional privilege.
  2. Valerie Eliot Smith

Tribunal orders QMUL to release anonymised PACE data 16 Aug 2016

Your explanation is absolutely right, Sarah. Thank you.
  3. Valerie Eliot Smith

It might be a couple of months before the data is released (if they don't appeal) but it could be sooner or later than that. There's no way of predicting, unfortunately. QMUL will need to seek permission to appeal (on a point of law only - it's not an automatic right of appeal), firstly from...
  4. Valerie Eliot Smith

There is no fixed time scale, Sasha. If they are going to seek leave to appeal, hopefully we should know within a couple of months. Unfortunately, it's not possible to be more specific than that.
  5. Valerie Eliot Smith

PACE trial: QMUL appeal information re hearing on 20 - 22 April (UK)

The judgment is out and it's great news. The Tribunal has rejected QMUL's appeal and so the PACE data should be released (subject to any further appeal by QMUL). https://valerieeliotsmith.com/2016/08/16/tribunal-orders-release-of-pace-trial-data-qmul-v-the-ic-and-matthees/
  6. Valerie Eliot Smith

Yes - but equally it could be a while longer. There's no fixed time limit on these judgments, unfortunately.
  7. Valerie Eliot Smith

I don't monitor enough cases to be able to give you an accurate answer, Sasha. It can take several weeks - but it can be a lot less. There is no fixed time limit but it's usually around three weeks, as I said. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I really wish I could!
  8. Valerie Eliot Smith

New post on PACE Trial hearing with more on background + new documents. Judgment expected any time now. https://valerieeliotsmith.com/2016/05/16/qmul-v-ic-and-matthees-pace-trial-pt-2-documents-open-justice-and-open-data/
  9. Valerie Eliot Smith

New post today with update on the hearing and links to the public documents https://valerieeliotsmith.com/2016/04/28/qmul-v-the-information-commissioner-and-matthees-tribunal-hearing-and-open-justice/ QMUL v the Information Commissioner and Matthees: Tribunal hearing and Open Justice – Part 1...
  10. Valerie Eliot Smith

Get a Ringside Seat for Invest in ME’s 10th International Conference on 29 May

This isn't going to help anyone with the science but I'm posting it because of my acknowledgment to PR for the tweets from the conference. The rest is mostly my personal observations from the day plus some links which aren't new but might be of use to some...
  11. Valerie Eliot Smith

UK CFS Secret Files Unwrapped Valerie Eliot Smith

Just to clarify some of the points above about the history of these files: no, they are not new. I got them opened up in 2012 which is how the Grace Charity and others gained access to them. The full story is set out in my blog; the most recent post gives the links back to earlier posts which...
  12. Valerie Eliot Smith

Valerie Smith on 'ME/CFS is an organic disease'

Thank you, Esther :) The evidence now only exists in the judgments as a matter of public record. There will have been full transcripts of the proceedings at the time but I suspect (although not certain) that they are destroyed after a prescribed period of time. The official record is the...
  13. Valerie Eliot Smith

Valerie Smith on 'ME/CFS is an organic disease'

Hi everyone - as you can see from my carefully-disguised username, I'm the one who wrote the blog post which you've been discussing here. Thanks to all of you for your comments and particularly to Firestorrm for the clarifications. I think the real conclusion which emanates from the discussion...