• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Lone Wolf

Magnesium induced Brain Fog

Thanks - yeah I have stopped the Magnesium and do have an appointment with the Holistic Doc. I wasn't aware of the Taurate and will look into that.
  2. Lone Wolf

I am no expert, other than my personal experience with any MSG (often disguised with names like "natural flavors". If the theory is true that the Glutamate opens Calcium channels to enter the neuron, I can only say that after 24 to 48 hours the crisis resolves itself. Personally I will have a...
  3. Lone Wolf

Thanks folks - appreciate the input. I found a 10 year old thread where someone had similar reactions to me - yet others had no problem with magnesium. magnesium bad reactions Wow - that reminds me of what Amy Yasko says about Calcium as it relates to excitotoxins such as MSG (which I am also...
  4. Lone Wolf

I am extremely sensitive to Magnesium - brain fog lasting 2 days. Very similar to MSG reaction. I am posting here hoping to learn why. My Holistic Dr just says "don't take it" but if I can understand the mechanism that makes me feel terrible, maybe I can learn what to take to feel the opposite...
  5. Lone Wolf

Prednisone makes me feel good

That is exactly what happened to me 10 years ago when I was prescribed Prednisone. All my brain-fog disappeared and I thought that 20 years of illness was "cured". My holistic doc said that the Pred STOPS ALL INFLAMMATION. Period. He said "everyone feels great on it" for that reason. People...
  6. Lone Wolf

Permanent worsening after surgery

My brother had the same thing happen, night and day difference after general anesthesia. Turned out to be heart rhythm screwed up by the med Propofol * a known side-effect is Atrial Fibrillation. (listed as rare side effect, but it happened to him)...