• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

B12 making me sleeeepy - serotonin?

From what I understand, my +/+ VDR Taq-ness makes the COMT +/+ behave more like -/- . Which means I should, in theory, need more methyl donors. Like most of this, is not entirely clear to me. I've been taking 400mcg mfolate 2x a day (along with the mB12). I'm terrible at tracking all this...
  2. F

I'm not sure it's the B12, but don't have any other theories at the moment :/ I went through 2/3 of a bottle before the problem started, so I don't think it's the brand. Tho maybe that means it's not the methyl B either? @Star-Anise, I'll try backing off the adb12. The sleep comas started...
  3. F

I've been on Fredd's P for a few months. Experienced energy (!) at first, now having a real problem with sleep. Wake up feeling good, but crash within a few hours in a way I usually don't. After 4-5 hours of additional sleep, I wake up refreshed. My sleep cycle is tightly controlled with dawn...
  4. F

Not sure where to start

Aw, I *really* appreciate your thinking. I can't imagine how awful you must have felt with numbers like that. I'm pretty much on the low-normal end of all hormones. Low enough to feel lifeless, but not low enough to alarm doctors? Oddly enough, my menstrual cycle is the only thing that appears...
  5. F

Not sure where to start

Ahhh. Thanks for making that distinction. I thought it was a storage *and* use issue. Vitamin K is definitely recommended. The ratio in most supplements is 10:1 D/K, but I haven't gotten any clear answer on how much K to use with high doses of D.
  6. F

Not sure where to start

Basic protocol was going OK until I added glutathione and grass-fed whey to the mix. Suddenly the real live actual *energy* I've been feeling was gone and I didn't know why.... Until I stumbled on Fredd's comments about exogenous glutathione/precursors. Removed both, bumped up the B and the...