• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Cat's Claw supplement and renal cortical calcification.

Hi, Just researching for a friend who wants to take Cat's claw as a supplement but is worried if it will cause an issue since a recent scan indicated "The right kidney measures 95 mm in bipola length. It contains a 5 x 6 mm cortical calcification was noted in the lower pole". I've read that...
  2. R

Iodine protocol and B12

Hi, While my opening post mentioned the iodine protocol and Lugol's iodine which has been used by lots of people... http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Iodine_-_what_is_the_correct_daily_dose%3F And if people are looking at the Iodine protocol then you need to see what supporting supplements are...
  3. R

Iodine protocol and B12

Hi thanks for the reply. I had some personal experience of taking iodine (50mg), so Ive had some experience but no major detox (aside from a headache and some pins and needles), however I don't have ME and just been asked to look into it for them. They are not into taking mega doses of things...
  4. R

Iodine protocol and B12

Hi there, I'm still researching for my friend with ME and they are taking most of the B12 protocol of b12 and B vitamins. She wants to also try iodine and asked me to look into the iodine protocol, taking lugol's iodine @ 2%. I've read some conflicting information about taking iodine at the...
  5. R

Is metafolate as effective every other day

Hi, Friend of mind who has ME is reporting that she find it heavy going with the B12 and folate. She asks if cutting it down to half the dose would be good. She is taking 800 Mcg a day with 500 Mcg of METH B12. I advised her to cut into to half but she not got the strength (and I'm not...
  6. R

23andme can you still get a Methylation Gene DNA Profile?

Thanks for all your replies, I will order and get the raw data, then follow the advice offered in this thread. Thanks once again
  7. R

23andme can you still get a Methylation Gene DNA Profile?

Hi, just wondering if there service still provides a Methylation Gene DNA Profile that many on this site refer to. I had a look but they seem to offer: "23andMe provides ancestry-related genetic reports and uninterpreted raw genetic data. We no longer offer our health-related genetic reports...
  8. R

I've taken an active B12 test

I got the results today and the clinic said: It seems I have high folate and B12. I did top taking all supplements 6 days before the test, but it seems the levels I've been taking have kept them in the blood for while and has elevated my results. some of my results are: Active B12 * 230...
  9. R

scratching with b12

Thanks for the advice. I did ask her to take it easy and did a schedule of go low and slow, but she wanted to take it as it was. She started on a brand of b12 at 1mg and she said it don't do much, so I got the 5mg for her. I did mention to break it in half... I report back to her and try and...
  10. R

Hi, Been taking it since about February of this year. I started at 1mg of methylcobalmin only. I think I will dial it down since the last dose made me spaced out. richard
  11. R

Hi, I have found taken B12 to be of benefit to me. My father had anaemia in his late years and his brother died of it when he was a baby (around 1920). Since there seems to be some history I took a test in London for anaemia. It was arrange from here...
  12. R

scratching with b12

Hi, Got my friend on the B12 and she has reported feeling the need to scratch. Her current regime consists of the following (most of the below was being taken before the B12) ; Swanson Ultra Methylcobalamin B12 x 1 tablet Biocare B Plex Vegetable x 1 tablet Solgar - Folate (Metafolin)800...
  13. R

Roadblocks to Successful Methylation Treatment

a great document, though a lot to take in.
  14. R

B12 and fluorescent urine

Hi it has B2 @ 50 mg. Regards Richard
  15. R

Just to add that I got them: Biocare B Plex Vegetable as well to go with the b12. http://www.biocare.co.uk/default.aspx?GroupGuid=29&ProductGuid=23660&PageItemGroupGuid=21#productAnchor so maybe this is causing the colour? Richard
  16. R

Hi, I think its under normal lighting as in sun or lightbulb.
  17. R

Hi, My friend who has ME has started taking Enzymatic Therapy - B-12 Infusion, 1 Mg, sublingually and has reported a change in their urine. Would this be a indication of it not being processed or just excess being passed through the body. Thanks Richard
  18. R

Basic supplements - a check of a schedule that I'm creating.

Hi, No reason than to take it slow and to try and be as safe as possible and not to overwhelm. I've got the B12 in the horizon, but thought I would recommend the basics first and one they are taken and stabilised then introduce the b12 at low dose. I suppose taking longer means that, well...
  19. R

HI, Thanks for looking. Yes they are for basic support o ME but also for preparation of taking B12 in the future. possible other supplements in the methylation protocol. Cost isn't a huge factor at the moment, since I will be buying them. The vit C is actually half the price, since I was...
  20. R

Hi, I've be creating a schedule from some of the research on this site and at Dr myhills site: http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/CFS_-_The_Methylation_Cycle I created a schedule for the basic supplement. I haven't included everything but hopefully I've included enough to start the process. The...
  21. R

New B-complex vitamin, this is the best I can find

hi, may I ask which thrones research b complex you are referring to? seems to be several variations : http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=thorne research b complex&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=3836607117&ref=pd_sl_8r7csf9g1s_ee There seems to be three types: B-Complex #12 B-Complex...
  22. R

b12 doesn't work anymore, need help

Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like the schedule I'm compiling might be a bit too ambitious, if it took 6 months to get to 1000 Mcg of B12. I was creating a schedule with B12 drops starting at 50Mcg (per drop) increasing by 1 drop a day. Just thinking aloud I suppose I will need to...
  23. R

Freddd protocol 2014 Cliff Notes

Probably have to build it up from multiple items. The only thing I have seen, is source of life gold, but that has the folic acid and cyanocobalamin b12.
  24. R

OK this is weird - mB12

Hi Brad. Would the AOR B12 be this by any chance? http://www.aor.ca/products-page/advanced/methylcobalamin-ultra-4/ It's good to see another mega dose. I've found some mega drops with 2000 Mcg a drop. Do you take it as one dose or split throughout the day. Sounds like you take it four...
  25. R

Hi, thanks for the information. Did you start a low dose with the b-complex since you are up to 500Mcg of Meth and 500Mcg of Aden on the B complex and adding 750 Mcg via the lozenge giving a total of 250 Mcg of each active B12 absorbed, which I think freddd mentions that is the level that...
  26. R

New B-complex vitamin, this is the best I can find

I've attached a quick summary of the recommended brands mentioned in the thread. Hope it helps. Richard
  27. R

Hi, this looks good. Do you only take this supplement and not add extra B12's? looks like at half an lozenge would give you about 1MG * 20% absorption / 2, so about 100 Mcg of Adenosyl and 100 Mcg Methyl.
  28. R

Hydroxycobalamine how much can be absorbed?

it seems to depend. but from this site they have published table. http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/content/112/6/2214.full Richard
  29. R

Freddd protocol 2014 Cliff Notes

Hi, I been doing some research as well. it is a bit of work of progress but I thought I would post it in case it might be helpful and also if anyone has any comments. I've uploaded a PDF with some schedule table of taking the supplements. Below the line is a draft of a email that I'm going...
  30. R

Hydroxycobalamine how much can be absorbed?

Hi, I'm just creating a protocol for a friend of mine and I've found that Methylcobalamin and Dibencozide are thought to be absorbed at 15 to 20% per taken dose. I was wondering with the Hydroxycobalamine what the absorb percentage was? I think I read that there is a limit of 10Mcg that can...