• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

Thanks for your positivity. I've gone off carnivore a bit since I haven't seen major benefits despite a few months straight of strict discipline. But I wanted to ask: are Berg's electrolytes that efficient ? I've never had any improvement with separate electrolytes before so I'd be skeptical but...
  2. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

I did strict carnivore for 3 months then started incl stuff (very little else though). Been on carnivore for a good 5 months: eggs for lunch, beef with butter for dinner, occasional bacon or lard. Unrefined salt. Poultry and fish sometimes. Yogurts. The loosest I've been is: I'll add the odd...
  3. Jo86

Methylene Blue -- The "Perfect Supplement" For ME/CFS (?)

Just a quick piece of information: I had these expensive mitochondrial labs done at MMD labs in Germany (sent the blood there from France) and the Prof. responsible for the tests interpreted them for me on the phone, and I mentioned many things, including MBlue, and she said "see, if MB isn't...
  4. Jo86

My Red/Near Infrared Light Therapy Experiment

hi. Mine does heat up a bit (the machine itself does just a bit) and there is definitely heat produced by the lights. Like I use it on my face, and my face is definitely hotter after I've done it.
  5. Jo86

My Red/Near Infrared Light Therapy Experiment

Hey yall. Just got a unit. I started yesterday. I'm doing 10min, twice a day. Straight to the face, with the safety glasses they give you on and my eyes closed. I've got two options on my device: "Red light" and NIR (near infrared). I've been using the Red light, which flashes red lights at you...
  6. Jo86

Very noticeable improvements in brain fog using Dr Greg Russell-Jones's transdermal B12 oils (which provide a similar dose to B12 injections)

This is excellent news. Well done. I'm currently on about 6 months too, to no avail at all. But more importantly: have you done the full months with Dr. Greg RJones' oils, or have you switched to other forms in the meantime ? of maybe tablets for Molybdenum, or Selenium oral drops.
  7. Jo86

This isn't to discourage anyone from trying. Heck, it's really safe, MB. And cheap. Some people even inject it straight intro-veinously as Dr.Myhill mentions for eg. But it hasn't worked for me. I've been on it for more than a month. I've even gone as far as trying doubling the daily dose. So...
  8. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

I'm following so far and what you're saying correlates with things I've read before, but could you expand on this ?
  9. Jo86

Why would CFS symptoms continually worsen overtime ?

Yes, same with me. The symptoms went: sudden brain fog, progressively worsening over 3 years. THEN: gut problems, I started realizing there was actually a connection between food and the symptoms which, at the time, was news, as obvious as it sounds today. THEN physical/body fatigue (when it was...
  10. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

Playing devil's advocate: but why would the food industries demonize sat fats ? I mean they're very popular and used all over in junk and processed foods. Bacon butter etc... why would the food industries emphasize the whole "unsaturated fats are super healthy" narrative, are vegetable oils that...
  11. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

will watch this one, thx GreenEdge. I'm growing more and more hostile towards the entire established medical system. I can't believe certain dieticians and their recommendations, and their inability to hear a different version to their beliefs. They would swear what they believe is...
  12. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

Good video. He's not trying to demonize the food in question (fruit) but gives facts about why it's not as recommendable as it's thought to be. An interesting part: fruit (and carbs at large) are known to make you hungrier because they inhibit leptin (which signals you're full) and stimulate...
  13. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

@GreenEdge thank you for your reply and video links. Your reply made sense. I'm not so much craving sugar right now as I'm using the fruit as a crutch, so as to not find my diet too redundant too quickly. I'm having like 3-4 eggs for lunch with a bunch of either bacon, cheese (and like, a peach...
  14. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

I'm currently going on a personal anti-veggie crusade atm. I've come across a few doctors that talk about the dangers of veggies and how their defense toxins cause all kinds of trouble. I'm not saying these doctors are the 2nd coming of Christ, however, I've NEVER tried no veggies at all for...
  15. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

So keto. Meat, dairy, fat and veggies. Yeah, I tried keto a few times. Doesn't actually improve my condition. If any diet can help, it would be carnivore. I'm also suspecting the fruit might be getting in the way but I'll reduce them gradually and check. It makes sense evolutionarily speaking to...
  16. Jo86

Carnivore Diet

Hi GreenEdge. I'm currently on week 2 of Paul Saladino's "animal based diet", so carnivore + fruit and honey. I'm not feeling a difference yet ofc, and it's either been far too little time, or the fruit are not allowing for the progress to happen. I've lost 1kg, though. Saladino argues fruit...
  17. Jo86

High dose vitamin B1 (thiamine)

I was deeply into the B1 thing for a while, a few months ago. I tried regular HCL for some time, then I got into the Thiamax (TTFD) craze. I tried all kinds of doses, never really felt anything. Maybe I just didn't try for long enough. Did all the co factors with it too (Mg, Potassium, B...
  18. Jo86

Hey. I've been on MB 1% liquid form for a few days now. I started with 3 drops, didn't feel anything, so I'm up to about 20-25 drops a day here. I'm having trouble understanding how much I should take as most websites talk about the powder form and mg. I have no clue how many milligrams one drop...
  19. Jo86

Why not ? Coz I'm DYING to find a supp that'll actually make me feel sth, that's why not ! I mean what's the worst that could happen. I might start developing fish-like features (as this stuff is used for aquariums mostly), but I don't think I'll be turning into a full fish with a few drops of...
  20. Jo86

Same. Got em, 1% concentration. Starting tomorrow. It's NOT pharmaceutical grade though, but I don't care. Dr. Myhill and others have said that didn't matter, it's essentially the exact same formula whatever you get. Anyways, let's head back here and write our progression every now and then...
  21. Jo86

Very noticeable improvements in brain fog using Dr Greg Russell-Jones's transdermal B12 oils (which provide a similar dose to B12 injections)

hey could you send me your name on Facebook by private message and I'll ask the admin ?
  22. Jo86

I'm going to try this. I have a big suspicion lack of oxygen, somewhere (prob the brain) is a chief problem in my CFS/brain fog endeavor. I've got one on Amazon (France) that's 1% concentration but "industrial" as opposed to "medicinal"... wonder if that changes anything or if MB is just MB and...
  23. Jo86

Is your worst fatigue in the morning too?

mmm, same, sort of. I was "diagnosed" with sleep apnea, apparently I had these tiny sleep apnea moments during sleep, but then I had something made to put in my teeth to keep my throat open during my sleep and apparently that took care of it, so, if anything's happening during sleep, it may not...
  24. Jo86

The importance of voice in CFS

So, many of us here feel this weird symptom of being out of breath while talking, or like merely talking feels like an enormous weight needs to be lifted forcing us to chop our sentences or make them shorter, right ? Like our natural flow is gone, and like starting a sentence is a risk having...
  25. Jo86

(I may've asked you this before) but is your username referencing the city of Alexandria ? Anyways sorry to read that. Around what age were you at the time of the infection and start of the symptoms ? How do you know it was a viral infection ? It may've been in my case as the symptoms appeared...
  26. Jo86

Yes. This would be the most obvious explanation I think. "- Why is he getting worse overtime ? - Oh well he simply must've been eating sth, weekly, and never stopped eating it". But what could it be ? Some people feel better on the carnivore diet. Some on the keto. I've tried entirely cutting...
  27. Jo86

deeeeeeeeefinitely not normal in my case, Rufous ! ;)
  28. Jo86

I have not. Who knows, maybe this produces an effect on me. But it's a prescription drug it seems, would need to convince the doctor...
  29. Jo86

It's been surprising to me, but I've rarely, if ever, read anyone mention their CFS got worse overtime. Their condition is usually a hindrance, but a steady one. This question is too broad and general, but why would the body gradually deteriorate in a CFS context over 16-17 years, in a constant...
  30. Jo86

Salt. Yeah, just, salt (well, unrefined salt)

Brilliant then ! No notable effect for me so far. I'm trying to take those 2 teaspoons of Celtic salt a day, just about. Mayyyyyybe a bit of improvement for workouts. Have you noted, though, any side effects ? Heart palpitations, or some "hyper" anything symptom ?