• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

ME/CFS... then Covid-19, then Long Covid

My daughter was diagnosed with ME/CFS as a teenager. She spent several years mostly bedbound (dark room, headphones, etc) doing virtual school to the extent possible. She is now a young adult. She figured out how to have a job and go part time to college remote - has lived with it for many...
  2. D

Justina Pelletier Sues Boston Children's Hospital and doctor for medical malpractice ...

To force medical treatment on someone without their consent is assault, pure and simple. A child's right to self determination is held in trust by her parents. I don't always agree with CS Lewis, but I couldn't have said this better! “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the...
  3. D

Blood filter to remove cytokines

I just read an article about a new device that can be used to treat sepsis by filtering out specific cytokines that are being over-produced. I know that the FM/a test uses cytokines to identify fibromyalgia (also aware of the controversy surrounding this method). I'm wondering if filtering...
  4. D

Help Me Convince My Sister Not to Take My Niece to a Psychiatrist!

Actually, technically, the psychiatrist is one of the few medical doctors who can treat it with medication, and there is definitely an aspect of brain chemistry to the equation. However, avoid psychologists like the plague. You can't talk a child out of having M.E. CBT can help, but about as...
  5. D

Do your children have ME/CFS?

One daughter has diagnoses for CRPS in remission (that was pure Hell), Primary Juvenile Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. She also has MTHFR and a genetically reduced ability to convert beta carotene into A. Her grandmother on her Dad's side was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia later in...