• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. LaPerla

The ME community can harm patients

Liva Landmark announced today on twitter that her article lead to a lot of debate - and that she is writing "a reply" to this which will (later) be published in the same newspaper as the last time (VG). I'm really glad that you @Jonathan Edwards replied to her first article! This LP-Coach and...
  2. LaPerla

New pilot study in the loop from the researchers at Haukeland

I'm not sure if this was an error, the information IS in the "public records" section, indeed. Personally I'm just a bit worried that too much media coverage and speculations will not benefit us :)
  3. LaPerla

New pilot study in the loop from the researchers at Haukeland

Hello everyone :) I understand that this is kind of big news - but in the correspondence records (Regional Commitees for Medical and Health Research ethics in Norway) Drs Fluge and Mella have asked for exemption from public access for this study (november 2014). I guess this is because they need...
  4. LaPerla

Rituximab study in norway. An application to The Research Council of Norway

deleder2k: Can I ask, which hospital? Are they still recruiting for the mulitcenter-study?
  5. LaPerla

Project description of ME/CFS treatment with TNF-alpha inhibitor Etanercept (Enbrel®)

According to this site (The Norwegian ME-Association), it looks like the Enbrel-study has been stopped. http://me-foreningen.com/meforeningen/innhold/div/2014/01/Forskningsrådet-Sykdommer-vi-ikke-forstår-CFS-ME-og-klinisk-forskning-26-november-2013.pdf (page 9, link in norwegian). On a...
  6. LaPerla

My Rituximab experience with RA and ME

A. Koegelnik, California. I think it is some info in the forum if you use the "search" function.
  7. LaPerla

I don't think so. I have only heard of Koegelnik.
  8. LaPerla

No, it's not possible to get infusions in Norway, not as far as I know.
  9. LaPerla

Norwegian Rituximab study starting 2014

http://mariasmetode.no/2014/03/rituximabstudies-an-update/ Scroll down for english translation.
  10. LaPerla

'Sometimes it feels as if the world goes on without me': adolescents' experiences of living with CFS

Good study! As a mother I find this article very touching and it gives a good and realistic insight in adolescents experiences. Read the full text article :)
  11. LaPerla

Disease Mechanisms and Clonidine Treatment in Adolescent Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Thanks! I'm sorry, I did not notice the first discussion about the paper :)
  12. LaPerla

Disease Mechanisms and Clonidine Treatment in Adolescent Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Norwegian study does not support "sustained arousal hypothesis"? CONCLUSIONS ABSTRACT | METHODS | RESULTS | DISCUSSION | CONCLUSIONS | ARTICLE INFORMATION | REFERENCES Adolescent CFS is associated with enhanced sympathetic nervous activity, attenuated hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal...