• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. renerdrat

can't sleep... update post/ vent

I can't sleep right now.. and I dunno just feeling a little confused. I recently started feeling fairly bad after having natto.. combined with my usual b12, b6, b9 vitamins. It's lasted now till almost tuesday (Had natto wed/thurs). Anyway I'm not sure if it's some kind of detox? I know that...
  2. renerdrat

Was feeling steadily better.. but now not so much, confused?

Thanks for the response Well I took like 500mg which I usually only take 50mg a day. As far as why.. I'm not sure I guess I just think sometimes that I need more of something, usuaslly after reading about certain symptoms. I do take a b complex regularly but also will add more b vitamins I...
  3. renerdrat

thank you for this detailed response.. I guess I just can't afford any type of holistic doctor to see right now, all I have is medi-cal so I just use whatever information I find online. Before I even started the protocol I was taking just methylfolate and quite a bit of it so I guess that's why...
  4. renerdrat

Well the original ones folate, b12,b6 was just by a website for methylating, forgot which. I read that niacin could aid in symptoms and vitamin c I just ... dunno read it was good for you lol. I thought maybe I wasn't taking enough cofactors or something but I take a bcomplex every day, and...
  5. renerdrat

I've been following a methylation protocol for some time now, probably like 8 months, which I have definitely improved but.. Sometimes when I take too many vitamins I feel overwhelmed and depressed. I think I may have been overdoing it and that's why I've not been feeling very good.. Like I...
  6. renerdrat

Should I continue with all my supplements, or slow down?

1) Hm.. well I started with just methylfolate, and had symptoms.. added b6 and b12 was good and had a new set of symptoms then I just added magnesium, zinc and b complex and that helped significantly. I have thought that some of the extra things I take like vitamin c, fish oil, tmg and a few...
  7. renerdrat

Should I continue with all my supplements, or slow down?

I know healing is a slow process... and I know that I am feeling right now better than I have in the longest time and I continue to feel better every day Anyway I just wanted to say that things are doing great, but at the same time it's still very imminent that I'm healing and seems to be...
  8. renerdrat

abandon the hygiene hypothesis? hurrah!!!! didn't know I'd live long enough to see this!

that's such a long read.. you could have at least summarized it if you were gonna just post a link?
  9. renerdrat

drinking meal replacement shakes/soylent instead of eating?

So.. I seem to constantly hear this is ok to eat, this isn't.. I constantly am thinking am I getting enough of something? I also don't seem to do well when I eat too much of any certain nutrient. My body seems to have negative reactions to a lot of things. My question is has anyone tried going...
  10. renerdrat

supplements make me fatigued?

ok thank you! Those don't seem like they have much potassium at all in them though? you should look at bulk supplements you can buy a huge amount of potassium so you don't need to take such a small dose in capsule form. Oh and I realized I was reading the serving size wrong and that's why it...
  11. renerdrat

hm thank you! very insightful.. I had heard about taking potassium and I probably am not getting enough if my adrenals are out of wack. I guess there's just so many things to think about, I do also supplement with zinc and magnesium and makes sense to supplement with potassium.. I find it hard...
  12. renerdrat

I've been fairly sensitive to supplements for a while, I take folate b12 and b6 and a b complex which all seem to help significantly. When I take more it just seems to worsen my sleep and make me more tired. Which I thought maybe was just my body ... detoxing but I just don't think so anymore...
  13. renerdrat

What should I add/ change according to my mutations?

No I did see what you wrote but I don't agree with it. By your thoughts mthfr doesn't affect much of your health but that's your opinion.. I'm confused as to why you are even bothering frequenting the SNPs as it doesn't seem like you agree that they have anything to do with our health disorders...
  14. renerdrat

So do you think I shouldn't bother avoiding high sulfur foods? I think? I sometimes have negative reactions to sulfur foods but could be me just trying to relate my symptoms to something. Thanks for replying
  15. renerdrat

Sorry if this post is all over the place. I've actually been taking for.. like a good year + methylfolate. I didn't notice a significant difference though and when I would add things like b12 I had weird reactions. Anyway so recently I started taking significant very large doses of b12 2500mcg...
  16. renerdrat

HELPS - Supplements for hetero a1298C?

Hey OP I'm also hetero. I found for me what has helped significantly is taking a lot of methylfolate 10mg, b12 2500mcg and b6 I take about 250mg. This seems like a lot .. and I can have some "detox" feelings if you will, more feelings of apathy but then I start to feel good as long as I keep my...
  17. renerdrat

B-cells role in disease?

oops I didn't see that, thanks
  18. renerdrat

B-cells role in disease?

I was reading on one of the news updates about cfs http://phoenixrising.me/archives/26930 and came across b-cells. There's a drug, rituximab that eliminates b-cells, in the trial something like 65% recovered. I'm wondering if there's other ways of reducing b-cells. Anyway, am curious of...
  19. renerdrat

Ever tried boosting blood oxygen levels with ozonated water (or iozined water)?

I bought an ozonator off amazon for like.. 70 bucks or something? I do believe there can be very beneficial effects from it but for me it was very stimulating, wired tired feeling. I'll use it still for things like purifying my water, cleaning veggies or fruit, I just don't drink the water right...
  20. renerdrat

not sure where to post this but... How can I support myself financially?

Hi, I ended up moving to a larger city san diego, driving for uber is doable, at first it was more stressful mostly cuz I was new to it but now it's pretty easy and the pay is decent.
  21. renerdrat

Phenibut from Bulk Powders And RU486 mifepristone

um I honestly don't remember, I think I put some company I "represented" but didnt' even think about presenting myself like I was a company and not an individual. I could give you the person that I bought from if interetesed.
  22. renerdrat

I like how I feel taking iodine, but afraid might make me crash

I've been using iodine, taking about 8 drops of lugol's iodine... it really seems to give me a lot of energy, but it seems kind of artificial. Like at the same time I have more energy I find I don't enjoy things as much, my sex drive still seems down and don't have much of an appetite. So I'm...
  23. renerdrat

Phenibut from Bulk Powders And RU486 mifepristone

interesting seeing this here, and that link... I post on that site and thread frequently hah. I bought 10g of mifepristone, i tried it, it didn't help me personally, but I do think it has potential for sure. I used one of the verrified sellers on this site...
  24. renerdrat

Xyrem's affect on cortisol

that seems like a really silly reason because of a nickname for the drug... alcohol is ultimately the number 1 date rape drug FYI. Honestly most the side effects are minimal, it's nontoxic and was used for many years as a sleep aid and supplement until the media demonized it and it became...
  25. renerdrat

Are coenzyme B vitamins bunk?

interesting, what p5p sup did you use? I bought one and later realized it had b2 in it and was coated or whatever. Anyway I couldn't seem to tolerate it, I'm not sure if it's okay to break up the ones that are coated though. Maybe I'll try again.
  26. renerdrat

I feel like I've learned so much with just research and stuff as far as nutrition and health and general, through dealing with this illness... I know i could really help a lot of people with diets and helping with certain supplements to take, what not to eat, etc.. That's actually my passion...
  27. renerdrat

I'm only 23.. and honestly I can't really support myself, and I can't find work that isn't labor intensive, my dad is kicking me out of the house and I'm not really sure where to go. Right now I have guys that give me money, but it's not ideal. If I could find some kind of work that I can just...
  28. renerdrat

Can't seem to tolerate methyl b12, but do fine with methylfolate?

I can take 10mg of methylfolate and feel fine, but if I takee even 500mcg of methyl b12 I get insomnia and start breaking out... Why can't I seem to tolerate it? I also don't do well with magnesium either. I have read hydro or adeno b12 could be used if methyl isn't tolerated well, but how...
  29. renerdrat

Diet for low animal protein and low sulfate? I don't know what to eat

Thanks for the responses, I've been cutting back on animal meat, if I do eat it, it's only a small amount I think it does seem to be helping.
  30. renerdrat

Diet for low animal protein and low sulfate? I don't know what to eat

So Ive been cutting back my animal protein and sulfate consumption cuz of some cbs mutations ... but I'm having a hard time with what exactly I should eat... Does anyone have a good link to some kind of guide to follow or maybe some tips for what kinds of meals or food you eat? When I google I...