• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

What time do you take your supplements?

Hello! Just wondering what time of the day people take their supplements? And which ones with food or on an empty stomach? At the moment I'm taking metafolin after breakfast and then slowly melting m-b12 and ad-b12 over the next hour or so. Sip a drink of vit c throughout the morning finishing...
  2. G

Supplements - would anyone mind making some suggestions?

Hi Soundthealarm, Fat intake: Need to up my intake of good fats. Trying to come up with some low-effort recipes for some good fats, may introduce fish into my diet. Low carb: Haven't got past about 5 days before...just felt so so weak. Maybe I wasn't eating enough fat. The paleo diet does make...
  3. G

Hello Justy, Nice to see another Dr Myhill patient :) Yes, she gives a HUGE list of supplements! Which is why I'm fairly confused about which ones I need to take etc, and also combined with what I read on here I just end up as a big sitting question mark! I'm glad that the B12 injections...
  4. G

Thankyou for replying! Sorry, yes I did mean mcg instead of mg for the B12. I'm not sure about niacinamide counteracting the B12 o_O Hadn't thought of that...better do some googling... Diet: I'm a vegetarian, eat fairly healthily for my meals but do go through times of indulging in sugary...
  5. G

Hello! I was a member of this forum before but got very depressed about seeking help and failing. But I'm back to try again, all we can do is try right? I was diagnosed with ME a number of years ago now. I've been trying to make sense of what I've been reading on here but brain just won't...