• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Freddd Protocol: Brands and Doses

What about using Doctor's Best, Best Fully Active B12, 1500 mcg Veggie Caps like sublinguals? It contains no citric acid, the ingredients are : Cellulose, modified cellulose (vegetarian capsule). I'm letting the caps dissolve between my upper gum and cheek for 1-2 hours, it's only been 10...
  2. A

Anything special from my GG/NutraHacker results?

Attached to this post is my MTHFR gene mutation report, maybe someone can help me with it, thanks.
  3. A

Hi Critterina, Thank you I will look at it, even if the validity of the results are questionable now. I noticed you have more homozygous mutations than me, which I thought would have been unlikely, but once again it seems the results are pretty uncertain.
  4. A

Hi Valentijn, Thanks a lot for your posts, indeed that jeopardizes the validity of their results. I ordered the Sterling report from mthfrsupport, I truly hope their results are valid.
  5. A

Hi @Critterina, That's so very kind of you, indeed we live very far away of each other, I have ordered some sunflower lecithin that I should receive soon. I agree with you concerning DIM, I do my best to avoid hormone related products. Sure I will get all the information I can, I don't know...
  6. A

Active B12 Protocol Basics

I'm afraid you were right, the pink gunk under my upper lip has now become the norm =)
  7. A

Your report sounds very interesting too, I guess the fact that Lithium orotate was mentioned ten times indicates something. What has been mentioned the most in my report is Phosphatidylcholine / Phosphatidylserine so I will look into that. Diindolylmethane, and sulfur containing foods have...
  8. A

Cannot tolerate oral B12 – causes shortness of breath and tachycardia. Why?

If you have canker sores maybe you could try Doctor's Best, Best Fully Active B12 caps, they aren't sublingual tablets but you can use them as if they were like I'm doing. I can't use anything with sorbitol, mannitol, fructose in it so it is a good alternative. The only other ingredients are ...
  9. A

Hi @Critterina, Thanks very much for all this great information. Ha =) This is a confirmation of what I had suspected, so I will continue supplementing with MeCbl and Methylfolate, I've also quite recently added AdoCbl and Carnitine Fumarate as per Fred's recommendations. You are right I...
  10. A

Thanks for your great post. I'm glad to hear we don't need to match the amounts of methyl folate and b12, because I will take 30mg methyl folate from now on, and 12mg of sublingual b12 already makes me feel like I'm spending my entire life with pink gunk under my upper lip :)
  11. A

Hi, Can you guys tell me if there is something special with the following results : VDR Bsm rs1544410CT+/- VDR Taq rs731236AG+/- MTHFR 03 P39P rs2066470AG+/- MTHFR A1298C rs1801131GT+/- MTRR A66G rs1801394GG+/+ MTRR H595Y not found n/a MTRR R415T not found n/a BHMT-04 not found n/a BHMT-08...
  12. A

Hi Martial, Thank you very much for all these information. I will try to match methyl folate and b12 exactly, I took 12mg of b12 yesterday without major problems. Sure i will continue with the MeCbl/AdoCbl, and take supplemental potassium. That's great news if folic acid isn't stored for a...
  13. A

Should I reduce my B12?

Hi Martial, Thanks for your post, I didn't know the carnitine should be added after the paradoxical folate deficiencies have disappeared. I'm not sure I have paradoxical folate deficiencies or not, I will look into older posts from Fred to see what I can find on the subject.
  14. A

B12 causing numbness?

Hi Martial, Are you using a B Right complex different than the one from Jarrow Formulas? Because the later has both methyl folate and folic acid in it, this was the one I was taking.
  15. A

Thank you very much @Freddd the OP of these great information, @whodathunkit for the great info compilation, thanks also to the other contributors. I would really appreciate if someone can help me with the following questions : - Should the amount of MeCbl and methylfolate be balanced? If I...
  16. A

Hello, I started taking methylcobalamin and methylfolate 20 days ago, and I will start L-carnitine Fumarate and adenosylcobalamin asap. But I wonder if I'm not deficient in B6 despite the 25mg from the b-complex because I have most of the symptoms related to a deficiency. Would it be wise to...
  17. A

Folate deficiency - Are these supplements okay (no follic acid and non-racemic form)?

Thanks for your reply, it was out of stock so I ordered the integrated health brand 5-MTHF, I asked the company and they did confirm me this contains only the active non-racemic form of folate and no folic acid.
  18. A

Hi, Is (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate the same as (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid? Thanks
  19. A

Folate deficiency - Are these supplements okay (no follic acid and non-racemic form)?

What about this b-complex : B Complex Plus - 100 Vegetarian Capsules - Seeking Health http://www.yourhealthbasket.co.uk/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2342 The folate in it is in the form 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, is it the racemic form? Thanks
  20. A

Hi, Can you guys pls tell me if these supplements would be okay (no follic acid and non-racemic form) to treat a folate deficiency : - L-5-MTHF 1000 - 60 Vegetarian Capsules - Seeking Health http://www.yourhealthbasket.co.uk/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2245 - Jarrow Formulas, Methyl...