• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. chipdouglas

Overwhelmed by the many protocols ; the pros & cons of each etc.

Hi ahmo, The GAPS diet looks to be interesting and relevant. There certainly is such a thing as a brain-gut axis, as more research into the field of probiotics have revealed. Among other things, some strains lead to increased histamine, some are neutral while other strains lead to the...
  2. chipdouglas

Thanks for the flick recommendation ahmo, but I'll have to pass. Don't get me wrong, the movie is most likely enjoyable, but as things stand, I (unfortunately) cannot allow myself to get sidetracked too much. I've had a full plate to deal with, plus I really have to complete my BSc nursing...
  3. chipdouglas

Hi again Freddd, While I don't know about your personal story (at least not in full details), I can definitely see/read that you've been to hell and back, literally ! It also looks like you did a very good job of straightening things out and saving your own life. Also, thanks for the above...
  4. chipdouglas

Thank you both for the above responses. Unfortunately, it'll be days before I can comment, as something came up again.
  5. chipdouglas

Essentially, what I've been trying to find out (as this was perhaps not very clear in the above response) is whether there might be further worth/benefits (beyond what I've experienced from the above mentioned modalities) in attempting to bypass my homozygous mutations through working with Dr...
  6. chipdouglas

Hi Freddd, First of all, thank you for taking the time to respond to what was actually my first post on these forums. I also take into account that many similar posts have been made over the years, further reiterating my appreciation. The topic of hypokalemia induced through opening blocked...
  7. chipdouglas

It'll be a few more days before I can respond in more depth, as I've been otherwise busy around the home.
  8. chipdouglas

Thank you very much for your response Freddd. I'll respond in more depth in the morning.
  9. chipdouglas

Hello all, I've managed to get my 23andme results before the FDA ordered 23andme to stop offering new customers health-related genetic results. I ran the raw data through : Genetic Genie, Promethease and MTHFR support. My homozygous (+/+) mutations are : MAO-A R297R ACAT1-02 MTRR A66G My...