• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

What is an undermethylated depressive supposed to eat?

@DogLover I noticed when I took Deplin, which is obviously a huge dose, that I became EXTREMELY depressed. Also, when I started eating lots of leafy greens and taking L5MTHF, I would notice that my mood dipped. I am assuming that that is what Walsh is referring to as far as it acting as a...
  2. A

Thank you for the responses. @GreenEdge Can I take TMG and NAC with 300mg of zoloft? Would the TMG do what folate does and promote reuptake instead of inhibition? @drmullin30 I've tried folates and they always make me feel bad. I noticed that when I started eating lots of leafy greens and...
  3. A

I am A1298c ++. I have had lifelong OCD, anxiety and depression. Folate makes me feel worse. I know that William Walsh recommends avoiding folates since they are a serotonin reuptake promoter, not inhibitor. I now know not to supplement with methylfolate, but am also concerned about too much...
  4. A

Gut treatment questions

Thanks @minkeygirl @Old Bones - I don't have SIBO that I know of.... I don't know. I also don't have ME/CFS I can't imagine being on this diet and supplements for months.... mentally or financially Thank you
  5. A

Gut treatment questions

My doctor (who specializes in MTHFR, COMT etc) had me take an Organic Acids Test. I have been trying for years to cure/improve my lifelong OCD, Anxiety and Depression. I have tried everything including medications and supplements and therapy. The test came back - I am attaching.It showed high...
  6. A

OAT test

@Rlman Thanks for the post I don't think that it is PANDAS. I did see HIP's post Thank you
  7. A

OAT test

Thanks @Sea I will ask my doc about the Glutaric Aciduria Type 1 Thanks @ScottTriGuy - I am not hypermobile Thanks @Valentijn I will check it out
  8. A

OAT test

@Sea Thank you Great! Something else to worry about. I am so anxious, it is hard to function. Every time I turn around, I have another health problem to worry about. I honestly feel like I am doomed. I haven't run @Valentijn 's program. I don't know what that is Thank you
  9. A

OAT test

I have a phone consult with a dr to go over my OAT test. I am attaching a copy to see if anyone has any thoughts. My main symptoms are lifelong anxiety/ocd/depression. More severe than most anxious people. I take vitamin D and magnesium. I have been taking Methylfolate, B minus and B12 for a...
  10. A

Has anyone cured lifelong anxiety depression and ocd

I am making an appt with Dr Rostenberg Thank you @helen1 @dannybex @search4health @Wayne
  11. A

Just an update. @dannybex @Hip @oceanwild @xrunner @ahmo @kakrpa @helen1 @Critterina I started Methylation at the end of August (a couple weeks after my Girlfriend of 8 years and fiance told me that she wanted to take a break for a couple of weeks). I took Seeking Health L-5-MTHF and...
  12. A

How bad is Folic Acid?

Thank you everyone @PeterPositive @Critterina @ahmo @caledonia Critter - what do you mean that I don't have any snps that would make it an issue? Isn't MTHFR a snp that makes it an issue. Ben Lynch is always very clear that he would avoid it altogether. @ahmo - Thank you for that link. This...
  13. A

How bad is Folic Acid?

Thanks @caledonia I cheat numerous times a week
  14. A

How bad is Folic Acid?

Again, sorry for not being clear. I am homozygous for a1298c. I want to know if it is ok to eat some folic acid fortified foods (pizza, donuts, rice etc) I know that these aren't the best foods for you in general, I just want to make sure that it is not super harmful (though maybe not ideal) to...
  15. A

How bad is Folic Acid?

@PeterPositive I assume that the first line is sarcasm :) I was on tons of folic acid before I knew what MTHFR was. I am just wondering if it is really harmful - cancer, blocking good folate/methylfolate - or just a case of not going out of your way to eat a ton of enriched products and...
  16. A

How bad is Folic Acid?

I am homozygous for a1298c, no c677t I am very anxious. I don’t supplement with folic acid. I am going to attempt methylation soon. How bad is folic acid? Does anyone really know. I am not going out of my way to eat food that is fortified, but I like to eat a sandwich, pasta and chinese food...
  17. A

DESPERATE: Are there any docs other than Lynch or Yasko that understand this

@ahmo I took that questionnaire a couple of times and it pointed to 0. I had extremely low copper on one test. My doc had me on p5p, zinc, etc at one point How did you know that quitting gluten decreased your inflamed nervous system? That is the thing with tests, some docs say that certain...
  18. A

@Mary @caledonia @Critterina @helen1 @ahmo @minkeygirl I am trying to find a doc. I just called in to Nancy Mullan's call in show. I gave her a brief history and she said that she would focus on the gut and then on methylation. I told her that I was so overwhelmed with this "take all...
  19. A

@minkeygirl Lots understand it in a general sense (as do I) but I am looking for "experts" @ahmo Thank you as always I'll look into it!!
  20. A

Thanks @Mary I am a little hesitant to completely remove wheat and dairy. I will try at some point. I know that it doesn't mean anything, but I've had a bunch of tests as far as food allergies etc and wheat and dairy don't show up. I've read that thread many times I have no problems...
  21. A

I don't know why my snps don't pop up in my signature +/+ COMT V158M , COMT H62H , MAO-A R297R , MTHFR a1298C +/- VDR Bsm , VDR Taq , ACAT1-02 , MTRR A66G , AHCY-01 , ACHY-19 , CBS 699T no call MTRR H595Y , MTRR R415T , BHMT-04 , AHCY-02 , CBS N212N , SHMT1 C1420T Detox +/- CYP1A2 164A>C ...
  22. A

I first posted on this site a year and a half ago. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/deplin-so-confused.27393/ I have severe anxiety/ocd/depression/racing thoughts I would like to thank everyone for all of their help, especially @caledonia @Freddd @Critterina @Sherpa - I also...
  23. A

Thank you everyone for your help.(Especially @caledonia ) I think that Inositol may be a bust for me. It was always upsetting my stomach and I couldn't tolerate much more than 1tbs and a half a day. @Hip said 2 heaped teaspoons (15g), but I think it has to be tablespoons to be in the 15g...
  24. A

Health obsession anxiety

@Sherpa I am taking 1 tbs a night and most times tolerating it. I was taking 1 tbs and 1 tsp a night at one point. Once I skipped a couple nights , that much put me in the bathroom for the night. I wonder how I'll ever get up to 18g. I hope to not have to take it numerous times a day (very...
  25. A

Health obsession anxiety

@Sherpa I am currently trying inositol. My stomach is having a hard time tolerating it. Any thoughts?
  26. A

@kakrpa The main thing that I am noticing is fatigue and upset stomach. I may try the whole dose right before bed and see if I "sleep through" stomach upset
  27. A

Thanks @amaru7 @caledonia @ahmo @Hip @Wayne I don’t have any vaccination reaction or head trauma as a kid that I remember. I did have a hernia repaired at birth @Sherpa posted this (re:inositol) in a previous thread that I started...
  28. A

@amaru7 I don't know about Niacin. I would have to research further. The last I heard was that it soaks up methyl groups. I already know that I have mthfr snps that hamper my methylation. @Hip The Linden method definitely sounds "sketchy" @kakrpa I have tried EVERYTHING except inositol. I just...
  29. A

Thanks for the reply @amaru7 pot may have contributed, but I had all of this as far back as I can remember. I can remember being a young kid telling people I was depressed/anxious/ocd