• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Anyone else have hands that itch severely in hot water?

I get this before and during outbreaks of pompholyx eczema. Also on my feet. The only non-pharmaceutical thing that I have found to help with the pompholyx is to put apple cider vinegar on the areas that are affected. It doesn't stop it from happening but it helps to prevent it from becoming...
  2. M

Strategies for managing night sweats?

@Gondwanaland That sounds like a lot of progress, brilliant! I am delighted to read good news! WOuld you mind telling how you normalised your oestrogen levels please? THank you Mels
  3. M

High cystathionine on Doctor's Data Methylation Profile. What does it mean?

Hi, Just going through my stacks of test results trying to come up with ideas as to why I am in the horrible mess I am in today, and looking at my methylation profile from June this year realised all over again how high my cystathionine is. It is 0.23, reference range <0.05. My homocysteine...
  4. M

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

@whodathunkit Hi, just wondering how your gall bladder symptoms are now? I have been struggling on and off with mine for months, it's really bad today . . Not sure what is going on recently but have become over sensitive to all manner of foods, reacting with palpitations, pains in feet and...
  5. M

Eating causing severe anxiety/depresion nose & ear pressure

@douglasmich Wondering how you are doing now? Think I have done a similar thing. Was experiencing what I thought were high oxalate symptoms - possibly caused by lactoferrrin supplement or antioxidant(olive leaf ) or chlorella......or some other unknown- so started trying m folate and mb12...
  6. M

Absolutely! I have also read that it can interfere with hormonal balance too..... Then there's the whole business of Phase 1 and Phase 2 ll in the detoxing work of the liver; if you accelerate or decelerate Phase 1 that will impact Phase 2 in some way and not always for the better, depending on...
  7. M

Easily done, thank you for getting back to me. Have just been reading Ray Peats funnily enough and found a mention about raw carrots lowering serotonin.......maybe that is part of my problem. Think I have more than usual imbalance at the moment, I am sure whenever I try a supplement I upset...
  8. M

endotoxin [en´do-tok″sin] a heat-stable toxin associated with the outer membranes of certain gram-negative bacteria, including Brucella, Neisseria, and Vibrio species. Endotoxins are not secreted but are released only when the cells are disrupted; they are less potent and less specific than the...
  9. M

Endotoxin? Now I am confused! Help, please somebody
  10. M

Hi @Gondwanaland , just wondering why you suggest that reacting to carrots could be due to low serotonin? What is the link between the two, please? I have been reacting to many foods this week, but especially carrots. I was thinking oxalate issues, and wonder if that could be the case for...
  11. M

SIBO, low stomach acid

Pam, I reacted badly to betaine and in my research realised it is a methyl donor; I am very sensitive to supplements that are methyl donors, and wondering if that could be causing your response? Good luck! Mels
  12. M

Repairing your Mito: A possible alternative to BodyBio PC

Thanks @JAGuy. I wish I was detoxing - my body just does not seem able at all - but it feels very much like the nasty symptoms I had when reacting badly to medication a few years ago when all my ill health kicked off. Toxic, rather than detoxing. Maybe just too much for me at the moment. Good...
  13. M

Repairing your Mito: A possible alternative to BodyBio PC

How are you doing with the BodyBio @JAGuy? I have recently started taking it again after a break of a maybe 2 months and am having adverse reactions which I didn't have before. Definite feelings of toxicity- spaciness, strange sensations in my teeth, I Slight itchiness and some tingling body...
  14. M

MRI with contrast

I had an MRI of my abdomen recently and thought I had wet myself , too. Felt very hot throughout my body, and my mouth felt as if it was swelling but it wasn't. I had 2 heart MRIs a few years ago and had been warned about the feeling of heat everywhere but wasn't told that this time- different...
  15. M

heart problems and root canal/dental procedure(possibly extraction)

Have never had root canal treatment but my new dentist- who has removed all my mercury fillings for me, hurray- said that if I ever needed root canal work I would have to consider whether I wanted to stress my immune system by having the work done; I got the distinct feeling that she felt...
  16. M

Lactoferrin with Colostrum and Dairy Sensitivity

Thank you! Are you still feeling improvements? Hope so!
  17. M

Lactoferrin with Colostrum and Dairy Sensitivity

@JaimeS Great to read that you are doing so well. Which digestive enzymes are you taking- you mention earlier in the thread that the ones you are taking have really improved your digestion. I am in need of some ,but think some of them inflame my gastritis......... Enjoy your improvements! Mels
  18. M

Suggestions for liver/gallbladder/pancreas problems?

@silverseas2014 Thank you so much for posting, much appreciated. Will investigate these products. Hope you are healing Mels
  19. M

does zeolite cause herxheimer reaction?

I was just going to ask- where is this person who will even listen to you explain the reactions and responses that you can feel happening to you, let alone then go on to tell you what you need? In my experience mainstream doctors will not listen to anything other than a perfect text book case...
  20. M

Hi @Wayne Sorry I haven't responded- I am @Mels not @Mel9 so guess that's how I missed your post . I find that sometimes after a coffee enema I can have calf muscle cramps, more fatigue, depressed or hyper mood and chemical sensitivity, more palpitations than usual- for me these are some of...
  21. M

I do understand your mainstream medical approach. However,the reason I am asking questions on here is because the doctors at my surgery are not taking my symptoms seriously. I have been to see them but been dismissed and told that I have either pulled a muscle or have IBS. Or that the...
  22. M

Have thought for a long time that my many troubles stem from my liver; I had a CT scan 2 weeks ago and get the results on Monday. Since July last year I have had pancreas pain - which the docs try to dismiss as muscular because I am not writhing around on the floor -yet. October last year...
  23. M

PWME: After 2+ weeks, what has been your experience with C. Butyricum (Miyarisan)?

@Sasha Sorry for long delay since you tagged me - distracted by gallbladder/pancreas issues): I haven't ordered Miyarisan yet as when I looked more closely I realised that it is not a pure product; I am so sensitive to lots of things so for now have decided against it after all. It is a huge...
  24. M

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

What a star! I can indulge in some retail therapy over the weekend........ Thank you
  25. M

Ahah, I feel much better now! Was thinking the brain had really had it! Thank you for replying so promptly. Happy weekend everybody Mels
  26. M

Hi @Sasha Did you buy clostridium butyricum from Amazon UK? I am struggling to find it. I can only find it as part of the AOR 3 strain formula. Am really keen to try it....... Thanks Mels
  27. M

Diet for low animal protein and low sulfate? I don't know what to eat

I know we are all different and all experience this illness differently but when I reduced animal protein and sulphur I became very poorly and developed all manner of new symptoms, including gout . It has been about 5 months since I reverted back to more protein and sulphur and am still not...
  28. M

pompholyx / Dyshidrotic Eczema : Anyone else got this?

Dermatologist confirmed no need for antibiotics as no infection and was very aware of the smell! The nature of this particular beast. Have enjoyed baths with Epsom salts, must buy some more- thank you! Long may you stay clear! It is truly horrible.