• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Cannot tolerate oral B12 – causes shortness of breath and tachycardia. Why?

What is your potassium (K) level on your most recent blood CBC? Have you ever tried taking about 500 mg of potassium gluconate an hour so prior to taking a 1000 mcg B12 as a test? Have you tried a smaller dose, or even a much smaller dose such as 1/8 of a lozenge? My low potassium symptoms are...
  2. C

A thread about my Freddd protocol implementation.

I made a realization today. After lunch, I forgot to take my second B complex capsule. When I remembered about an hour later, I took it, and my arms started twitching shortly after. I have learned to recognize this as a symptom of hypokalemia and start up. My Douglas Laboratories B-Complex has...
  3. C

B12 and sleepiness? To take it at night?

Yup, mb12 makes me start yawning pretty quick and I get sleepy.
  4. C

I haven't been eating bananas because when I last did a few weeks ago it made me weaker. I noticed yesterday when I tried them again that a half a banana made my back tense and sore within a couple minutes on two separate occasions but not feeling weak like before. This was a very odd effect so...
  5. C

Yes indeed I see. So this isn't just easy? :) Yesterday and today I was dealing with very intense upper back pain toward the early evening. Coincidentally I took ALCAR instead of LCF this morning so I wonder if that had any bearing on the added pain these two days. Fortunately my package had...
  6. C

Besides the pneumonia as a child and cellulitis a few years ago I have not had any infections or medical problems at all. I lived in Ohio until I moved to California at 16, and I was "required" to get the Hep. B vaccine to enter school. That was not required in Ohio. I see that as a potential...
  7. C

@celeste interesting. I had pneumonia and was hospitalized for four days for it when I was 7 or 8. I was in hospital for a cellulitis infection a few years ago and it seemed like the antibiotics had a positive effect on my disease activity. The intense burning in my arms for 2 weeks after coming...
  8. C

@celeste thanks for that I will look into it. I don't really believe I have MS. I think I was passed off as a quick, easy, cheap misdiagnosis. Most MS cases are relapsing/remitting. I cannot identify any remission or relapse.
  9. C

I do suppose it was time with my condition that Western-medicine titled MS.
  10. C

Hi @Freddd and everyone! I'm 32 and was DX with MS at 20. I've long thought it was an incorrect DX. I finally went through Freddd's list of symptoms and narrowed it down to only those that I have experienced. I added a couple of my own at the beginning. I was amazed at the list how many of...
  11. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I've been curious about this too I'm glad you asked it @girlfromeurope. Your answer makes sense to me @Freddd.
  12. C

WARNING - LOW POTASSIUM IS DANGEROUS

@Freddd Woot! My doctor told me I had growing pains also when I was a child. I just got my lab results. I only know to look at a couple of things. My MCV is 92.5. My K is 3.9. My D vitamin is a 82.2. Do you know of any other pertinent markers I may have available?
  13. C

WARNING - LOW POTASSIUM IS DANGEROUS

@Freddd et al Howdy. I just wanted to pop in and say that I thought I didn't have any potassium issues from the protocol, however I have discovered that some of my symptoms dissipate when I take potassium gluconate. I've only tried tablets so far, two after a meal, four after dinner, totaling...
  14. C

Active B12 Protocol Basics

No problem, I will try to add it independently. I want to report that my stomach was upset this evening and worsening to nausea, and it was only preceded by an Active B12 Lozenge but hours prior. Initially, it was almost like hunger. I searched and was reading a person's blog about Freddd's...
  15. C

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Secondarily is it OK to take an amino acid such as l-tyrosine with Freddd's protocol to help relax for sleep?
  16. C

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Real quick. Yesterday I noticed it felt like I had a pill stuck in my esophagus. I was sure I had completely swallowed my pills a few hours earlier. I did some reading online and see it might be acid reflux or GERD. I've never had that before. Does it mean anything? I'm currently taking a...
  17. C

@Freddd, I appreciate your reply. I agree it looks like we have a set of many similar symptoms. I have read through your symptom lists, and I see you've described symptoms that I had not even thought of but that I have. I should fill in a few more details. I'm 32. I was "normal" healthy until I...
  18. C

Hi. I'm new here. I want to second that question: I have weakness and/or fatigue almost all of the time. I would estimate that is common in these parts. Worsening of fatigue/lethargy is immediately triggered by certain foods for sure, another story, but I am discovering an amplified variation...