• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Valcyte - How long have you been / were you on it?

searcher, Thanks so much for sharing that chunk of info and saving me time! I am running so low on energy and was not looking forward to doing the research. My doc will prescribe it for me no problem so I will look into it. Were you not able to get the valcyte through your insurance?
  2. B

Heaps, The NK cell dysfunction is a problem. I wonder if the others who have made improvement have kept track of their NK cell function? Did it improve while on it? Did the improvement continue? Babs
  3. B

Heapsreal, I hope you do have improvement on the Valcyte and try not to be discouraged by what happens with others, you are a different person! You'll never know if you don't try! Again, I only crashed because of pushing myself very hard. We moved across country from Pennsylvania to Arizona...
  4. B

Hi Xandoff, Have you been feeling bad the entire time you are on valcyte or just some of the time? Thanks Babs
  5. B

Valcyte Sure, I'll let you know when I start again! I tried Valtrex, Famvir and acyclovir but they didn't do anything for me. The Valcyte really corrected my sleep, cogintive and energy issues so it was disappointing to relpase. However, having this illness for more than twenty years, I take...
  6. B

I was on Valcyte for a year and had significant improvement after discontinuing it (felt really horrible while taking it) and was recently considering taking it again. I too relapsed only because we made two major moves in under a year and it proved too much. The improvement lasted for two years.
  7. B

Adrenal Issues and treatment problems

If your thyroid hormones are imbalanced as well it will be difficult to help your adrenals. From what I understand they need to be worked with at the same time. This is what my Dr. did for me. Hope this helps you. Babs
  8. B

new on empowher: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Homeschooling: Can They Go Together?"

Sickofcfs, Would you please elaborate on the "better ways to homeschool than the online curriculum"? I am unable to see myself scouring for hours at different curriculums and still be confident that i have put together something to cover their educational needs. Thanks
  9. B

new on empowher: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Homeschooling: Can They Go Together?"

Jody, Sickofcfs, Thanks for the info! I'll put it to good use. Babs
  10. B

Wow, Jody what a timely post! God always sends me things I need when I need. I am just beginning to look into homeschooling my two kids (15, 9) for various reasons. I see many benefits for my kids and for myself and our family in general. I may not be able to envision the "dark side" ;]. My...
  11. B

We just made it to Iran - Tehran Times

exrayspex - political donations are not just from Fox News. Please visit this link to find the media in general donates to both republican and democratic parties. http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/08/news-corps-million-dollar-donation.html.
  12. B

Can you trace your illness back to about 1980?

1987 after having multiple vaccinations during Air Force basic training. Have been a mess ever since! Babs