• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Problems with clonazepam

It has been quite some time since I posted on this site ! I´m looking for more information about the ´energizing´ properties of Klonopin-clonazepam. Supposedly, due to an effect of clonazepam on the mitochondria, this drug would be energizing. Dr Cheney is often listed as a source...
  2. F

Effect clonazepam on ATP

Adenosine triphosphate. I wonder, does anyone know anything about the effect of clonazepam on atp, or perhaps more broadly about the effects on the mitochondria in general ? My energy levels fluctuate. My limited research suggests that clonazepam has an effect on the mitochondria, but it's...
  3. F

Problems with clonazepam

Hi Pam. I did reasonably well on the clonazepam at first, even though it had some paradoxical ('stimulating') orioerties. Can you elaborate on treating an adrenal problem ? I think my adrenals are all over the place. It's much worse now than, say, a year ago. I'm fairly sure that production of...
  4. F

Problems with clonazepam

Since I haven't ried the niacinamde I suppose I could give it a try. But it's an anxiolytic, right ? Generally, I haven't had much luck with supplements. Aside from infrequent use of melatonin. Clonazepam is such a toxic drug to me. It's so disruptive. But I guess that's to be expected from a...
  5. F

Problems with clonazepam

physicsstudent13, Unfortunately I have not had access to a neurologist. As I stated, referrals by a GP are required. It seems to be an article of faith that 'withdrawing from benzodiazepines' must be done by psychiatry if a GP cannot handle it. Local sources state that the main issues when...
  6. F

Problems with clonazepam

Thanks for the responses. Some useful points were made. For me, clonazepam is just such a hard drug to be on. It has some paradoxical (e.g. stimulation in the evening) effects. Since it's such a hard drug to be on, I cannot fathom tapering over a year. I can be semi-stable at about 2 mg for...
  7. F

Problems with clonazepam

Since I'm new at this forum it will take some effort to phrase my question in an appropriate way. It's not even about sleep in particular, but I need to put this post somewhere. I've never been formally diagnosed with fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue. However, I've been taking clonazepam for a...