• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Q

b12 (methylcobalamin), TMG, & L-Methionine all cause me patchy facial redness.

Yes, it does dry up after a few days, but looks hideous! I got it on my cheeks and nose in bright red blotches. When I got asked about it, I lied and said it was a seafood allergy. Is there any way to combat this without cutting out methyl donors?
  2. Q

I should've mentioned that I'm taking a number of other supplements. For methylation, I'm also taking, Vitamin C, P5P, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium & Methylfolate. I didn't have a problem until I added B12 to my stack. After cutting out b12, I experimented with adding Methionine and still had...
  3. Q

I've taken each one individually and they all cause me to have a very uneven redness across my face after only one or two days of use. This isn't short-lasting like a niacin flush, the redness will last for 4 or 5 days before it starts to fade, and only fades when I discontinue use of the...