• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

Hydroxo - depression as a side effect?

@Lynn_M - Thank you for clarifying the Vit C and time frame. That makes sense and it's helpful to know.
  2. O

@caledonia - Thank you for the @ tip! And for the information. Nicotinic acid is just niacin, right? So the niacin works as an antidote for negative reactions from either methyl or hydroxo versions, even though the reactions may be different? That makes it easier, as I already have niacin here.
  3. O

Thank you, Pam! I will be interested to know how the new stuff works for you. I have been trying to follow Dr. Ben, but my brain fog is so horrible that I just can't learn or remember simple stuff, much less this extremely complicated stuff. It's so incredibly frustrating - I used to be smart...
  4. O

Caledonia - Thank you for your response! Am I understanding correctly that, should I have a depression reaction to the hydroxy injection, I can take nicotinic acid as an "antidote" of sorts? How much would I need to take, and does it clear it in a matter of minutes, hours or days? I try to...
  5. O

Thank you both for taking time to reply! When I took the methyl injection and later the sublingual, I had an initial surge of energy and mood, but after just a few days I plummeted. My fatigue, weakness, brain fog and mood worsened to the point of making me housebound, almost bedridden. It was a...
  6. O

Please – I need a quick answer! I am homozygous C677T. (No further testing has yet been done.) I could not take the compounded methylB12/folate injections that worked for my doctor’s other patients. She said I’m the first to not respond well to that, so she was puzzled. We then tried the...