• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Z

Gut practitioner

Well the thing is I need some to approach a difiifcult situation as I have already tried myself many things that did not work
  2. Z

Gut practitioner

Hey everyone, I am looking for a practitioner that is specialized in gut conditions and is familiar with gut microbiome. I have intolerance in any probiotic even in tiny ammounts. The practitioner could be preferably based in Europe but if anyone really good in other parts of the world I...
  3. Z

Practitioner for gut microbiome rebalancing

Hey everyone, I am looking for a practitioner that is specialized in gut conditions and is familiar with gut microbiome. I have intolerance in any probiotic even in tiny ammounts. The practitioner could be preferably based in Europe but if anyone really good in other parts of the world I...
  4. Z

Copper and cuprum

@YippeeKi YOW !! I have searched a lot but have not found thinning hair as a side effect caused by copper but thanks for the input
  5. Z

Copper and cuprum

Hello everyone! I having been using lately the homeopathic cuprum metallicum (it is copper) at LM6 potency in order to balance copper in my body and increase bioavaulability, For anyone that has been following Morley's work on magnesium advocacy group would know what I am talking about...
  6. Z

DNA/PCR stool testing

Do we know the price for GI effects from Genova?
  7. Z

Glutamine - air hunger

Does anyone else have problems like air hunger or difficulty breathing when supplementing with L-glutamine. I know that glutamine can turn into glutamate that can cause inflammation. But anyone knows the mechanism behind air hunger that is caused by glutamine, like the air you breath is not enough
  8. Z

Tickplex a new test for Lyme and Co-infection

I have been looking for the difference between seraspot IgG/IgM and tickplex. Tickplex plus just test for more bacteria while basic is just for borrelia
  9. Z

Well tickplex is added on the armin labs form. Is that the one you have been waiting for? WHat is the difference between tickplex and seraspot or elispot?
  10. Z

Most accurate lyme test

Some doctors in Europe recommend the following combo for lyme testing from armin labs: a. Borrelia Elispot b.CD3/ CD57 cells c. Borrelia IgG / IgM Seraspot A.Do you agree? Has anyone had this combination of tests? B.Also what is the difference between elispot and elisa?
  11. Z

Most accurate lyme test

I have heard from many people in other groups about Armin labs in Europe. There are people that complain for not being diagnosed with Lyme and there are people that complain that have been diagnosed with lyme when they did not have lyme in the first place. So I come to the conclusion that no...
  12. Z

Most accurate lyme test

Thank you for answers. I would also like to hear from people that tried Igenex lab, which particular combination of tests did they use from there? Because they send me a whole leaflet with test combinations
  13. Z

Most accurate lyme test

Could we have a discussion regarding which test is the most accurate test for lyme disease and coinfections? Please share opinions and experiences
  14. Z

which test is considered to be the most accurate for lyme?
  15. Z

DNA/PCR stool testing

Plus you need to be in the US to do the SmartGut as it is stated on their site
  16. Z

DNA/PCR stool testing

@alicec I can not find an example of the results that you get on their site... Does it indicate the pathogenic bacteria or does it give you the bacteria in general? Does it have any other markers that indicate the general health of the gut or is it just bacterial population? What is the...
  17. Z

DNA/PCR stool testing

Hello everyone, I would like to ask which is the most reliable DNA/PCR stool testing I have found two tests from different labs: 1. GI MAP from Diagnostic solutions 2. GI effect from Genova diagnostics Do you know the differences and which one is the most reliable. Also if anyone has done...
  18. Z

Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)

Hi everyone, I want to ask your experience with sodium bicarbonate ( baking soda) as an antifungal agent. There are contradicted reports saying that is an effecting agent against candida but it may alkalize the gut too much... Any take on this one ?
  19. Z

Info on balancing the immune system

I think you can be th1/th2 balance can change instantly. You do not HAVE to be stuck in either situtation
  20. Z

Reactions to colostrum

I am pretty postivie its histamine with me. Why do you say that is related to free glutamate in your case?
  21. Z

Reactions to colostrum

I tried goat colostrum today. Unfortunately it causes histamine rise!! I am still trying to find something that will help wth my gut
  22. Z

Great read and suggestions @Mary thanks
  23. Z

Since I am having trouble with most of the herbs and natural substances that act as critter killers ( bad bacteria or virus killers) and can not use them for more than two days, I assume that my problem is my overacting immune (I can not remember when was the last time I had fever or a flue)...
  24. Z

Cutting down on fried potatoes (French fries)

Which are sll high GI foods? @Dechi
  25. Z

I have tried uping my magnesium and potassium but it did not help. I think tI have balanced those two long ago. I gues it could be more related to sugar problems? Are fried fries low glycemic? by cutting down on those how do I stress my adrenals?
  26. Z

I posted this in this section of the forum as I think it is related to candida. As I am trying to battle candida I have cut down on sugars and fruits (it is debated if you need to cut down on fruits, but every person is different and I think in my case I need to stop every type of sugar). I...
  27. Z

Sanum Therapy : Homeopathy to reduce Candida and Fungi

Anyone actually used sanum remedies in this thread ?
  28. Z

Glutamine side effects

While for many people glutamine plays multiple helpful roles for other (including myself ) glutamine does not help at all. Glutamine is supposed to assist with gut healing, increase GABA or clear ammonia. Now, I know that glutamine is not good for people that have elevated levels of glutamate...
  29. Z

METHYLSULFONYLMETHANE (MSM)

So you do get pimples with MSM?