• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Chronic fatigue/ME or something else?

I was in fact tested for mast cell disorder, thank you though. I am ready to try and give up thinking about this illness in my life and try to move on however possible/
  2. D

Chronic fatigue/ME or something else?

I just came back from my second trip to the mayo clinic in rochester, and I am still don't have many answers. After being sick for 4 years I am starting to wonder if the pain I am experience is being generated in my mind rather than do to some external physiological process. I do not have...
  3. D

For those interested in E.coli Nissle

Yes I grow mine in soymilk very easily and it grows very effectively. I do retention enemas with it and it works very well but it is a very strong probiotic.
  4. D

My constipation protocol

mutaflor is a probiotic that is specifically indicated for constipation. I agree with mr.swanson in that most probiotics only make it worse but this one has actually greatly helped my constipation. It is much different than other probiotics and is actually a strain of e.coli. I think it is worth...
  5. D

I did a fecal transplant and have not had constipation since.(fatigue is also much better)

Hey there, I have taken a TON of antibiotics since than so it is impossible to say if it helped. I am no better off at this point but I don't think the fecal transplant really helped me. Thanks
  6. D

auto-immune paleo diet for pain & inflammation

paleo/low starch diet is the only thing that has normalized my ibs-c and helped my chronic auto immune iritis/arthritis/ myalgia
  7. D

What could cause dramatic increase in clostridium species?

fecal transplant, or supplimentation with clostridium bacteria
  8. D

Anyone in pain ever been on Fentanyl patches?

just cause it went off the market in the united states, does not mean it did else where. There is certainly safe online pharmacies you just need to do homework, but you seem to have your mind made anyway. I just thought I would provide you with the information.
  9. D

you should join ioplist.com and than use the search function there. It is a forum for people that purchase prescription drugs from pharmacies overseas. I believe the site that sells darvocet is ttm2u (toptenmed2u). Go to ioplist and you will find all the info you need with a bit of persistance...
  10. D

i believe there are some indian online pharmacys that still supply darvocet if you are interested
  11. D

.6 mg per ml is still alot of bacteria. I am sure I could do the math on that if I really wanted but if you drink a sizable portion of the broth(1/2 cup or so) you will get billions or trillions of the bacteria. you could easily add sugar to the mixture for added carbohydrates. In any case the...
  12. D

your best bet is to google it and then check ebay for a supply of it, its all pretty simple
  13. D

have you benefited at all from it?
  14. D

look into Lb broth its really quite simple, e.coli is also resistant to freezing so you can freeze the broth for some time when you get sick of culturing it
  15. D

I am purchasing a small amount of E. coli nissle and I will be culturing it so I don't have to keep purchasing it from oversea's at highly inflated prices. If anyone has interest in where they might find some within the United States please pm me, I would love to help with some information.
  16. D

Everything i try makes my gut worse. Pleae help.

well you are going to have to take some chances otherwise you will probably not progress outside where you are right now. check xifixan for sibo, if that is what you truly have. Also its hard to eat low carb/ starch on a veg diet so you may truly need to change that or accept how you feel. Paleo...
  17. D

Pain, insomnia and suicidal thoughts

I just read through the thread and see that you may have a great underestimation of how bad celiac can be for some people. While you said you had friends that were able to work with their disease that does not mean that some people do not become gravely ill, even to the brink of death from...
  18. D

Any one familiar with reactive arthritis/ seronegative arthritis?

thanks for your reply, strangely I do not, nor have I ever had any swelling or inflammatory markers
  19. D

Flu-like body ache

the only thing that helps the cause of my body ache is to cut out any and all starch from my diet and eat only leafy vegetables, fats and meats. Other things mask the pain but I know the inflammation is still present doing damage
  20. D

Any one familiar with reactive arthritis/ seronegative arthritis?

Well I will try to make a long story short but I came down with an illness two years ago that started with severe stomach burning and fatigue and over time has turned into severe ibs( constipation), eye pain, severe muscle fasiculations/ monoclonic jerking, joint pain, muscle pain, prostate and...
  21. D

Everything i try makes my gut worse. Pleae help.

I highly suggest you look into a low fodmap diet. I have included a pdf from a recent medical abstract talking about fodmap diets and how they can be very beneficial.
  22. D

Slow motility issues

low dose (50mg) erythromycin is used as an intestinal prokenetic so you can look into that
  23. D

I did a fecal transplant and have not had constipation since.(fatigue is also much better)

Their are several problems with ingesting probiotics via mouth. First is that your your stomach is a very effective barrier to bacteria and without treatment with antacids you are going to kill alot of the bacteria you ingest, plain and simple. The second is that the majority of your small...
  24. D

Thanks everyone. Previous treatments have included xifixan and other antibiotics for sibo. Probiotics of all sorts and lots of supplements like l-glutamine etc. The fecal transplant was done following the protocol from powerofpoo.com ( not the best website name)
  25. D

I did a fecal transplant for the third time using a different donor(my brother) and my constipation has not returned since. I had very compacted and tight stools before(rabbit pellets) and now I am regularly going once a day. I am still having other issues and there is reason to suspect that I...
  26. D

BHT as a antiviral for lipid encapsulated viruses

Does anyone have any experience with BHT as an antiviral? I have been taking it for a couple weeks now and have been experiencing some headaches but I am not able to say much else about it. I have read some anecdotal reports of people recovering from hep C infection and also someone who said...
  27. D

Possible benefits of a ketogenic diet

Has anyone tried a ketogenic diet? and if so what were the results. I read an interesting article regarding mitochondrial function, herpes viruses, and ketogenic diet. Apparently a ketogenic diet is helpful in shedding viral dna from our genome and thus reducing expression of viral proteins...